Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So who has burnt out in there 305 HP TITAN yet? What were the results.... 2 lines of rubber or just one?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Two but mine doesn't count because I own a Tundra.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I dont know if you can burn out in the titan, that vdc (traction controlle thing) or what ever it is called might not allow it.?.?.?

·
Registered
823 Posts
Just shut the VDC off and let her rip........ :cheers: I've been able to get both to spin but usually it's just one. It depends a lot on how the weight of the truck is, like uphill is your best bet for getting both to spin. If your tilted downhill than one is the norm.....

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is this in anyway bad for the active-brake limited slip?

·
Registered
823 Posts
no, it's shut-off when you turn off the VDC. I'm not familiar with how the limited slip works with trucks without VDC. I think with the big tow package they have the active brake limited slip but don't know if it can be shut-off.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
I couldn't burn rubber. Is it because I have 18" wheels or is it because I'm not "power braking" it.

Robert

·
Registered
823 Posts
You could try putting a little brake to it but I'm surprised you can't without it. Ummmmm, don't know what to tell you if yours won't boil the tires off it. Wait a little longer until the engine loosens up a bit, I'm sure it will then.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm suprised at not being able to do it with the 18's. maybe your doing it and not knowing it. Cause i've done it quite a few times not on purpose with my 22's and they were making a zipping sound instead of what im used to from my max which was cherping. I gotta be carefull on the 22's,shorter tread life so if i do it to many times and i'll be needing new tires again.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I Cant believe my ears, there is actually people saying they can't, or the titan can't burn rubber, well I beg to differ, mine will straight up light them up, there are a few f-150's, hemi's and some silverado's that got to witness it from seeing the rear of the titan. This thing is just awesome, and hell it is a automatic !!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ok im stupid what is vdc ????

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
VDC is Vehicle Dynamic Control

It, along with the ABLS, is computer 'corrections' to help a driver in loss of traction scenarios etc etc.

There is a button to turn off the VDC on the middle of the console toward the bottom.

Chris

·
Registered
37 Posts
The VDC in general is outstanding. If you want to light'em up, turn it off. Otherwise I leave it on. I came to work today thru a 1/2" of slush/ice and thru Flashflood standing water (Philly) - IN TWO wheel drive. I may never tow a thing, but bought the package for VDC. I would not go without it.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
see the thing is if you dont get the tow package you have no way of turning off the active brake limited slip, right?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm not even sure if that turns off - if you disengage the VDC?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Owners Manual - page 5-29

"The ABLS (active brake limited slip) system and ABS will still operate with the VDC system OFF"

and so, the ABLS (standard on 4X4's) is ON period. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
295 Posts
toadbee said:

"The ABLS (active brake limited slip) system and ABS will still operate with the VDC system OFF"

Last night I went out and played. When I turn off the VDC I could not get the "Slip" light to come on while getting on it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
toadbee said:

there might be a fuse you can pull for the ABLS

things are more complex these days I know but I just
used to pull the ABS fuse on my '92 SE-R when I took it auto-crossing

1 - 20 of 24 Posts