Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has been asked and answered. I looked, I really did!

'06 Titan LE 4X4 with Nav...

When I go to the tire monitor there are four sensors. 1 - 2 - 3 - 4, from top to bottom. Which one is for which tire?

·
Registered
184 Posts
There really is no rhyme or reason to it. It becomes a PIA when you have 1 tire low - you still need the old fashion gauge to figure out which one it is.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Be thankful that it is't a Chebbie and that the sensors can be on any tire.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
I have followed this with my LE. I have one tire that has a slow leak ever since I bought the truck. On the front, it always shows up second on the list. On the rear, it shows up third. So the sensors DO seem to relate to specific tires, and it will be the same everytime you turn your truck on. In other words it doesn't randomly display every day. It is a set pattern. You just need to air up each tire a bit more than you want, run it, and see where it lists that higher pressure. Note this. Then air it down and do this for the other three tires if you really want to identify them. Me? I don't really care as long as it tells me I have one low, I'll check them all manually anyway. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Blackbeauty said:
I have followed this with my LE. I have one tire that has a slow leak ever since I bought the truck. On the front, it always shows up second on the list. On the rear, it shows up third. So the sensors DO seem to relate to specific tires, and it will be the same everytime you turn your truck on. In other words it doesn't randomly display every day. It is a set pattern. You just need to air up each tire a bit more than you want, run it, and see where it lists that higher pressure. Note this. Then air it down and do this for the other three tires if you really want to identify them. Me? I don't really care as long as it tells me I have one low, I'll check them all manually anyway. :thumbsup:
--

Thanks Blackbeauty, I check mine manually too. I always seem to have the same pressure though and I never got around to actually changing the tire pressure to see which sensor is for which tire.

Looks like the next time I top off the tires I will fill each one separately.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
The sensors supposed to be self alligning with the computer, even after rotation, it supposed to reallign and set it accordingly. 1-is the front driver's, then clockwise, 2-front pass, 3-rear/right, 4-rear/left. I've noticed that it takes about a minute for the sensor system in the lady's Pathfinder LE, which actually displays the pressure per tire, to get the reading when you first fire it up and drive... all I have in my Titan is the mushed tire light that kicks on when one of them goes below 29 lbs...

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Yes, it is true that you need to actually drive the vehicle for the pressures to show up. So, just sitting in the driveway won't work. You need to air a tire, drive it. Air another. Drive it. Etc.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.