Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of you know i was complaining about my Stillen grillshell sagging and deforming in the heat, and no "proper" way to mount. Well it was the first one ever sold in the billet and they have fixed the prob on the newer ones since.. Kyle let me pic out a different grill at no charge and im sending my other one back. Ok i paintefd an XE shell since i dont want my old chrome, and put a black speed grill in. I love it. It fits perfect, a la factory.
I also painted my back bib oem blizzard white to match. I had that skull on there before in place of the nissan logo, which i cant take full credit for, saw another member with it, i just turned mine into a pirate skull lol.
I know some will say you like the billet better but.... I DONT CARE!!! lol. Just wanted a change. Slowly removing the chrome.
Ha i just noticed you can see my huge ramair scoop in the driver side mesh. BTW this grill is like 1/2 or less than 1/2 the weight of the billet!
First pic is the before.....



Painted some interior. Found out what does NOT look good lol, and redid it all. A ton of work that now looks, well kinda stock lol.
Heres some pics of before, seemed like a good idea at the time. Black didnt flow and the white was cool but too bright and ricey


Heres what i changed it too, picked a cool silver that looks factory but has a metallic look to it in the sun. I also 2toned the shifter gate :)
 

·
Read Only
Joined
·
2,060 Posts
I like the new grille better.

Just one minor thing... behind the SS mesh you can see the white grille. Maybe you can paint that area black or use a black vinyl to make it look cleaner. Otherwise, everything looks great!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
n2titan said:
I like the new grille better.

Just one minor thing... behind the SS mesh you can see the white grille. Maybe you can paint that area black or use a black vinyl to make it look cleaner. Otherwise, everything looks great!
yea noticed that tonite when i put it together. Maby ill mask and spray the inside black. just hard to install the mesh without scratching!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,091 Posts
so. cal
i ride alllllll over here
track desert i dont care hhaa
prefer track. but whatever i dont get a ticket for im down.
where u ride?

i do like ur grilles though :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
not much riding latley, wrist hurt and hand pumps up after like one lap lol. Ill go anywhere. i-5, piru, av motoplex etc . PM me if you ever want to go moto. Ill be outta town till jan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
686 Posts
I have a CRF50, can I follow you guys on the bike? :D LOL

Love the new new paintjob for the interior. I didn't want to say anything about the first white paint job since it was defenitely a little "ricey". The new silver paint job looks so much better. Much closer to an OEM look. Nice job.

I have the same color scheme in my other car, black and silverish tan. The paint job is still nice and shiny since '98.

Also the tailgate bib looks good. I'm painting mine as well to color match the rear end on mine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,091 Posts
for sure
im down to ride wit all u guys
that is if your not too emberassed to get beat by a
17 year old on a 450

haha jk jk
ill hit u guys up next time i go for sure
(except for the guy on the 50 :p)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DeadRiver said:
great look ls... where did you get the little rubber pieces on the lower consule shelf? did you just cut down some tool box matting?

ya thats some toolbox matting. I think it is the real thick stuff from sears. Its been there so long i forgot about it. Put it in the center consol bottom too if yours is pretty empty. it will keep things from rattleing around too
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MXtitan24 said:
for sure
im down to ride wit all u guys
that is if your not too emberassed to get beat by a
17 year old on a 450

haha jk jk
ill hit u guys up next time i go for sure
(except for the guy on the 50 :p)
Oh really...? lol Good i need somone to push me to go faster. there is only like 2 guys in the pro class at anyrace thats not a huge sponsorship series around here
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
I have to agree with the rest of these guys....the new interior is tight. Im also diggin the new grill. I've have yet to get around to replacing my oem grill. Out of curiousity though, where did you find the skull?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
Leadsled124 said:
Oh really...? lol Good i need somone to push me to go faster. there is only like 2 guys in the pro class at anyrace thats not a huge sponsorship series around here
The grille looks good, kind of like the grillcraft ones. How much was the grille?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Soljah said:
The grille looks good, kind of like the grillcraft ones. How much was the grille?
I dont know stillen traded me straight up. Although this one is cheaper. I wanted grillcraft but they dont sell it so i improvised with "Street Scene". the grillcraft are avail in black though, i painted this one.

Jolly, the skull is the top of a gas cap you can get at any harley davidson dealership. Its heavy so use a mountain of automotive foam adheasive!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
75,686 Posts
Leadsled124 said:
ya thats some toolbox matting. I think it is the real thick stuff from sears. Its been there so long i forgot about it. Put it in the center consol bottom too if yours is pretty empty. it will keep things from rattleing around too

nice!... great idea too. i should add something to the bottom of my consol my change rattles with the sub..

i finally got around to buying my toolbox organizer stuff from sears. i wanted to keep my sockets nice and tight.. i hate to say it but what i bought is crap as far as dividers go. they are the plastic T type.. my dad has these nice metal pieces that have a metal band which pressure fits them to the drawers, my guess is he got them from snapon..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
DeadRiver said:
nice!... great idea too. i should add something to the bottom of my consol my change rattles with the sub..

i finally got around to buying my toolbox organizer stuff from sears. i wanted to keep my sockets nice and tight.. i hate to say it but what i bought is crap as far as dividers go. they are the plastic T type.. my dad has these nice metal pieces that have a metal band which pressure fits them to the drawers, my guess is he got them from snapon..
ya its hard to find the good tool trays and holders now-a-days. Everything plastic and universal so nothing fits perfect!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,408 Posts
looks good, i personally like the mesh grille better than the billet and the tailgate bib looks awesome painted. What did you use to paint the interior parts? I think i want to paint my shifter gate like yours.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
spoonman said:
looks good, i personally like the mesh grille better than the billet and the tailgate bib looks awesome painted. What did you use to paint the interior parts? I think i want to paint my shifter gate like yours.
ill post a pic tomarrow. i believe it is a Krylon Brand paint called "Fusion". its meant specifically for plactic. I followed up with a clear but it isnt needed.
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top