Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 230 Posts

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed the driver's side shackle and leaf end blasted thru the bed and liner. My Titan has 65,XXX miles on her w/ NO extended warranty so I wanted to ask you guys. Should I take it to the dealer and have them evaluate it or order prg shackles have a shop install and then have the hole plugged by a body/fab shop? I'll go ahead and call 800-Nissan-1 in the meantime.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,240 Posts
I would definitely call Nissan and dealer. They know it is defective as there have been lots of shackle failures prior to I think 2008 when they upgraded the shackles.

Nissan 2008+ shackles look pretty good, particularly if you can get them installed free by the dealer.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would definitely call Nissan and dealer. They know it is defective as there have been lots of shackle failures prior to I think 2008 when they upgraded the shackles.

Nissan 2008+ shackles look pretty good, particularly if you can get them installed free by the dealer.
Ok, I'll give the dealer a shot... now to pick the right one.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
where in socal are you? mossy nissan is good at dealing with issues like this

·
Read Only
2,060 Posts
Oh man that sucks bro. The closest dealership would be Mission Hills. I haven't had any work there. I've taken my previous ride to Valencia Nissan. Let me know if you need help with anything man.

·
Registered
14,164 Posts
I"d put new shackles one, hammer the bed straight, weld a piece of steel from the bottom, and bed line the new spot. IF the dealership doesnt wanna help you out of course.

·
Premium Member
59,135 Posts
I"d put new shackles one, hammer the bed straight, weld a piece of steel from the bottom, and bed line the new spot. IF the dealership doesnt wanna help you out of course.
Exactly what I'd do.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
where in socal are you? mossy nissan is good at dealing with issues like this
San Fernando Valley

Oh man that sucks bro. The closest dealership would be Mission Hills. I haven't had any work there. I've taken my previous ride to Valencia Nissan. Let me know if you need help with anything man.
Thanks man, Called a few dealers... universal and van nuys said bring it in, thousand oaks mentioned insurance claim. I'll call nissan hq monday morning and take it to universal nissan on my way to work.

I wish I had the tools and know how for that. If the dealer doesn't help, I'll order prg shackles and take it to a body or fab shop for repair.

·
Premium Member
59,135 Posts
PRG shackles are nice but if you need to save a few bucks and don't need to change the height, the 08 and later OEM shackles will do just fine.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
PRG shackles are nice but if you need to save a few bucks and don't need to change the height, the 08 and later OEM shackles will do just fine.
Thanks, I've read that on here... if they're cheaper I'll prob go that route. Is there a good site to order them from or are they affordable from the dealer?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
That Stinks! I have an 06 like yours so I feel ur pain.

Good news is ...somebody is selling a set for 50 bucks. Saw it listed the last couple of days. I'll try to find it for you.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Yep, the OEM 08+ shackles are made much better than the 04-07 shackles. I have no doubt that mine would have failed if I didn't replace them.

·
Premium Member
59,135 Posts
Thanks, I've read that on here... if they're cheaper I'll prob go that route. Is there a good site to order them from or are they affordable from the dealer?
I bought mine from a local dealer. I don't remember how much they were but they were less than half of the PRG price.

Reactions: ostaF

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
damn that f'd up bro. i was really lookin foward in see your T too.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Found it. 2008.5 Titan Rear Shackles. $50.00
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/buy-sell/123870-cleaning-out-garage.html

Sorry it happened to you. Exactly why I changed mine to 08's this fall.
I pm'd the seller, thanks

ostaF, if you go that route, let me know the part #s. I know someone at the parts dept @ Valencia Nissan.
Thanks... I'll hit you up.

damn that f'd up bro. i was really lookin foward in see your T too.
Tell me about it... this will be the 2nd time I've had something f#ck up on my T right before a meet. :mad: I had a brake line start leaking before Fontana.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Like most have already said, i would go to the dealer first, if they don't repair it at their expense (they're going to file the claim w/ Nissan anyways) then get in touch w/ Nissan directly. Nissan is fully aware of the early model T shackles peeling, that's why the late model T's have full tubular mounts... I too got someone elses 08 shackles and swapped mine out last year, but before that, I took mine off when I first heard of them failing and had my OEM's welded across the split notch as the fix...

1 - 20 of 230 Posts