Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just changed the oil in my truck today. As usuall I gave everything a "once over" i'm glad I did as I found that the passenger side rear axle was leaking. It is still under warranty as I have less than 60K on my truck. [53k to be exact.] I know it's not a new problem with a lot of Titans but I was just wondering if there was a TSB out for this problem. Anyone know??

Does anyone have a Titan with 0ver 50K who has not had to replace their rear seals?
Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
I'm thinking that maybe the unofficial TSB is to do the hose rear diff vent mod (replace check valve with Toyota diff vent fitting, fuel hose, and small fuel filter) after replacement of the seals. Last time I posted a query, nobody that has done the vent mod had any further axle seal leaks.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bestatchess said:
I'm thinking that maybe the unofficial TSB is to do the hose rear diff vent mod (replace check valve with Toyota diff vent fitting, fuel hose, and small fuel filter) after replacement of the seals. Last time I posted a query, nobody that has done the vent mod had any further axle seal leaks.
That's exactly what I will do as soon as they [the seals] are replaced. Stupid me thought that mod wasn't needed, I guess I was wrong.:hat:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts