Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to go back to the dealer again this morning for a leaking front axle seal. My 2011 Pro4-X has 4500 miles on it and this is the second seal that has failed in the last month. The dealer says that instead of putting in a third seal they are just going to replace the front differential.

My question to this knowledgeable community is this; Is there anything I should be aware of that I might be overlooking in dealing with this situation? I guess the reason I ask is that I now just feel uneasy about the reliability of my truck. I feel this shouldn't be happening on a new vehicle and I am worried.

Any thoughts or opinions would be welcomed.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Not many posts about problems with the newer front diffs. 04-05 had a lot of problems. Hopefully a new diff should take care of things.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Had to go back to the dealer again this morning for a leaking front axle seal. My 2011 Pro4-X has 4500 miles on it and this is the second seal that has failed in the last month. The dealer says that instead of putting in a third seal they are just going to replace the front differential.

My question to this knowledgeable community is this; Is there anything I should be aware of that I might be overlooking in dealing with this situation? I guess the reason I ask is that I now just feel uneasy about the reliability of my truck. I feel this shouldn't be happening on a new vehicle and I am worried.

Any thoughts or opinions would be welcomed.
Mine is at the dealer getting the front pinion seal as I type this. They swear that the seal went bad because my truck is lifted. They're going to rplace the first one under warranty but will deny the claim if it goes bad again. Hopefully it holds out becuse the damn seak alone costs $90

·
Registered
358 Posts
My front diff on my 09 Pro4X started blowing fluid out the vent under the hood at about 24k miles. Dealer replaced the front diff all on their own.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts