Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have spotted this topic in the Sell/Buy forum, but I wanted to show people what it looks like.

I have the 07 CC LE, and it comes with the monsterous center console with flip up plastic lid. I saw that it can be replaced easily with a leather covered lid seen in the Infiniti QX56.

I ordered the part from http://www.infiniti-parts.com/ part "Infiniti - Qx56
Console, Center console, Lid, Graphite"
The part cost about $91.

Unscrew the plastic lid form the hinge, attach the new lid, and change the latch/lock as the Infiniti one doesn't fit properly.

5 minutes work, and as you can see the result is pretty nice. A nice leather lid to replace that plastic one.

Attachments

Reactions: bamaheat

·
Premium Member
59,069 Posts
Very nice. It does look much better.

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
Very nice. Leather is always better than plether!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey,when You Say Change The Latch On The Lid,you Mean Just Swap It From The Nissan Cover To The Leather Infinity Cover Right??i Guess We Are Neighbors,im From Derry!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
eric 06 said:
Hey,when You Say Change The Latch On The Lid,you Mean Just Swap It From The Nissan Cover To The Leather Infinity Cover Right??i Guess We Are Neighbors,im From Derry!
Correct, the Titan one has a lock on it, the Infiniti one does not. Move the Titan latch to the Infiniti lid, it's a straight swap. And you still get the locking!!

·
Registered
718 Posts
This is my favorite mod so far. I installed it this summer, then went on a 3000 mile trip to MI and Canada. I loved being able to rest arm on console, very nice! Looks a lot better than the nasty hard plastic too, especially with the leather seats!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sir, is there a certain year Qx56 Infiniti that I need to order the center console lid off of so I don't get the wrong lid?

I have spotted this topic in the Sell/Buy forum, but I wanted to show people what it looks like.

I have the 07 CC LE, and it comes with the monsterous center console with flip up plastic lid. I saw that it can be replaced easily with a leather covered lid seen in the Infiniti QX56.

I ordered the part from Sewell Infiniti of Houston | Infiniti Dealer | Houston, Texas part "Infiniti - Qx56
Console, Center console, Lid, Graphite"
The part cost about $91.

Unscrew the plastic lid form the hinge, attach the new lid, and change the latch/lock as the Infiniti one doesn't fit properly.

5 minutes work, and as you can see the result is pretty nice. A nice leather lid to replace that plastic one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Has anyone switched from the hard plastic console lid to the leather Infiniti Qx56 leather console lid? If so is there a certain year Qx56 that I need to order the lid off of to go on my 2006 Titan LE? When the dealer responds to my order request I would like to have all the information they might need, so I would appreciate any advice mwippen.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Has anyone switched from the hard plastic console lid to the leather Infiniti Qx56 leather console lid? If so is there a certain year Qx56 that I need to order the lid off of to go on my 2006 Titan LE? When the dealer responds to my order request I would like to have all the information they might need, so I would appreciate any advice mwippen.
The part number you need is 96920-7S614, there should be a selection of colors under it.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I did that to mine awhile back. Really a nicer look than the stock plastic. More comfortable too as I'm a widebody and don't really use the armrests much!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Definitely a much cleaner look. after the christmas rush is over and I have the money again, I'll be getting this for my 06 LE. very nice addition!

·
Registered
686 Posts
This was the first thing I did to my "T" when I got it a year ago. I was in Tucson visiting the parents and the local Infinity dealer actually had one in stock. Five minutes to install and it's great for those long drives!

·
Registered
920 Posts
Very nice look. My only issue I would have is not having the tray on top of it. I sit my phone and wallet on top of it all the time. Other than the loss of a place to sit my stuff it looks fantastic especially compared to the oem hard plaits with little rubber insert in it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Need a little help. I'd like to do this mod, very nice. I don't use the armrest on the seat just the center console.
Things I need to know are:
Would the part number in this post work on a 2011?
I went to the local Infinity dealer and asked them to look up the part number in this thread. He said the part number was valid, but it did not specify what it was or what it goes to. There was also no breakdown of colors.
Any help would be appreciated. At over a hundred dollars I don't want to get stuck with the wrong part.
I have a charcoal interior. Thanks in advance.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts