Nissan Titan Forum banner

Leather seat care?

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  SmokeyStog 
#1 ·
What should I do to protect/condition my leather? This is my first vehicle with leather, so i'm a bit inexperienced here. I've only had the titan a week, should I do anything now?

Our hot hot summer is going to be rolling around soon, and I want to make sure it's protected.

#2 ·
I have used Lexol on my VW Passat seats for 4 years now. It came highly recommended on a similar forum to this, but for Volkswagen products. Those people are nuts when it comes to detailing their cars. I have used both the leather cleaner and the leather conditioner. Makes your seats look brand new without that shiny-slimy feel. The conditioner is a water based emulsion of fats and oils that soak right in pretty fast.

It also works great for breaking in new ball gloves (being spring and all).

You can find it at most big auto parts places (Shucks etc.), probably Wal-Mart, but I hate that place. I rub it on with my bare hands, and I end up with a bonus of nice soft moisturized hands :) .

#5 ·
I was wondering the same thing being inexperienced with leather also. I used Meguires gold something or another leather cleaner/conditioner and it was terrible. Gave the seats a shinny plastic or vinyl look so I would stay away from that unless you want that look.

#7 ·
Wow - thanks for the replies. If the weather holds up (supposed to be the last storm of the season here in central CA), I will probably take care of this over the weekend.

Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.