Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While the interior shell is rock hard, the leather seats on my 2017 Platinum seems soft-so soft I bought a special cover for my dog. I noticed the other day the part of the seat my butt slides across when climbing in has worn through. Anyone else need a new seat under warranty for a tear here? I know a friend who had the same issue on their Jeep and it was called "normal wear and tear".

·
Registered
15 Posts
I’ve noticed on my 2019 Pro 4X the back seat leather seems very soft almost weak feeling I am just careful of what I sit in the seats. I shouldn’t have to but I also did not want to go back with cloth like I had in my 2014

·
Registered
120 Posts
I was recently shopping for a used truck. The search ended with me finding a 2012 Titan in beautiful shape with an almost like-new interior. However, MOST of the trucks I saw had serious wear on the driver's seat side bolster. Many were worn to the point that the foam was crumbling out of the hole that was worn through the cloth or leather. I called an upholstery shop to see what repairs would cost, and they told me this was really common on trucks.

I believe this is due to how people get into and out of the truck. I step up onto the step rail (nerf bar, running board, whatever you call them...) and then sit down into the seat. When I exit, I step out and up onto the rail and then down from the truck. Even though your truck may not be tall enough that you feel like you need to use the step rails, if you slide up into the seat and then slide down out of the seat, you are rubbing your full body weight across the seat bolster every time. I used to slide in and out of my truck, and I ended up with the classic broken down seat bolster and torn seat cover. I retrained myself by deliberately using the step rail until I just do it without needing to think about it.

My instinct is that you won't have any luck trying to get this kind of damage repaired under warranty, although you never know until you try. After trying the warranty route, I'd find a good upholstery shop to repair your seat, then retrain yourself on how you get in and out of your truck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks, I have to slide out due to issues with my lower back and hip but can probably climb in better. If someone made a product like a clear rubber shell that could mold to that one part of the driver's seat they might make a mint. I'll still email a dealer the photo since I'm out in the boonies and report back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts