Nissan Titan Forum banner

Leather seats, Vinyl side cracking?

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  dodson914 
#1 ·
I have a 07 CC LE, it's only got 600 miles, but the driver seat looks like it's been used up.

It doesn't have the side steps on it right now, and because of that, I know whoever test drove it would slide out of the seat instead of using the oh-**** bar to get out.

I'd be pretty depressed if the seat tore/cracked and exposed the ****ty vinyl side of the leather seats.

It's not torn... yet, but has anyone had problems with this? If so, what is the best way to prevent it / protect it?

#2 ·
On my '07 it creaked a lot. Especially where the plastic for the power seats met the seat. My service advisor told me that they get dry very quickly and that I need to moisturize the seats once a week to prevent cracking. Especially in this area. Not sure if it was just mine. I had a lot of issues with my seats. :(

#4 ·
At one year old, my seats seem to be holding up pretty darn good...much better than my 05 Tundra seats were, at least in terms of the "worn" look from creases, etc.
I use 303 protectant REGULARLY on all the vinyl, and leather conditioner on the center leather panels. Also, I use a seat cover to keep cool most of the year (the kind that allows airflow between your rear end and the seat) and I have gotten into the habit of NOT sliding off the seat when I get out.
I'd actually have to say that this may be an advantage of the vinyl over leather, though I still think that we should have more than a few square inches of leather on a leather package LE.

Get the 303 and use it every couple weeks, I think it will help.

#5 ·
Dealer is replacing the driver's seat on my 04. I took it on 2 days before the 3 year ran out, since I was only at 25k. Showed him the vinyl on the side that looks ratty and the tear that developed near the power seat controls. They ordered me a whole new seat, but the one they got in did not have side airbags, to they had to reorder another one. They didn't give me the least bit of hassle about it, but I still don't have it installed yet...

As far as moisturizing the "leather" near the power controls...at least on the 04 that is all vinyl. I know because I have a hole there and can see the backing. The corner of the seat back that you slide across to get in and out is vinyl too, that's what looks like crap on my seat.

#6 ·
Jayjoans said:
Dealer is replacing the driver's seat on my 04. I took it on 2 days before the 3 year ran out, since I was only at 25k. Showed him the vinyl on the side that looks ratty and the tear that developed near the power seat controls. They ordered me a whole new seat, but the one they got in did not have side airbags, to they had to reorder another one. They didn't give me the least bit of hassle about it, but I still don't have it installed yet...

As far as moisturizing the "leather" near the power controls...at least on the 04 that is all vinyl. I know because I have a hole there and can see the backing. The corner of the seat back that you slide across to get in and out is vinyl too, that's what looks like crap on my seat.
it was viynl on mine too. service advisor still said that I needed to make sure it didn't dry out. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.