Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a brand new 08 Titan XE black crew cab. I noticed these suddle differences from my friends 04 Se.

He has power mirrors, thermostat and compass on rear view mirror, Dual sun visors with vanity light, plus leather wrapped steering wheel.

I plan to upgrade a couple of these things but the toughest one seems to be the leather wrapped steering wheel. Has anybody upgraded this without going to the dealer? Is it simple or complex. I can't seem to find anything about this topic.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Might try going to a junk or salvage yard and pulling one from a wrecked titan, you would also be able to inspect how to install it as you are pulling it out of the wrecked titan

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
I guess the thing you would want to consider is if you want to deal with the airbag as it has to be removed to take off the wheel. Here are the instructions on how to do so.

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
I replaced the steering wheel on my 350z with a new leather wrapped one and it was really easy. I would not be worried about taking the airbag out so long as you have some mechanical ability and are reasonably careful

In terms of getting one, I would watch ebay in addition to cheking junk yards. I saw one go for $20 plus shipping a few months ago, so you can find them cheap if you are patient

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks fellas for the suggestions. I was going to call my local junk yard to see if they had any wrecked Titans, but before I did that I went to Kragen to get some cleaning supplys to wash my truck. I saw these steering wheel covers with cool designs for about $13.00. All they do is slip on over your steering wheel. I bot the one with the Iron Cross in it and it matches perfectly with my truck (black/chrome theme) . I had my doubts but the guy said I could return it if I wasn't happy. This slip on steering wheel cover looks and feels great and is an easy solution to my problem.

If you go to Kragens site and type part number 531481 there is a picture of the exact one that I got. To anybody that has an EX Titan I would recommend this easy $13 fix.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts