Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the LED smoked 3rd brake lights off ebay? Im wanting to smoke my 3rd brake light to match the rears. But im unsure if I want it to be LED, im afraid it will look bad with the OEM brake lights.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So there is some cheap rubber cushion on the stock unit? Do you know which one you purchased right off hand and do you have any photos of it installed? Was it a direct plug in unit or did you need to wire it in?

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
The vendor I bought mine from appears gone, but these are the same... The foam strip around the outer edge of the base is ok new, but after a yr passed, I found it breaking apart while I happened to be waxing the roof, took it off and replaced it with black weatherstripping...

SMOKE 2004-08 NISSAN FRONTIER/TITAN LED 3RD BRAKE LIGHT - eBay (item 190497185577 end time Mar-02-11 12:04:29 PST)

05-09 NISSAN FRONTIER/04-08 TITAN LED THIRD BRAKE LIGHT - eBay (item 270706766329 end time Mar-16-11 20:10:11 PDT)

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks man

Reactions: DRTYAZN

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I don't know if mine was from that seller or not, but about a couple weeks after I installed mine, one of the LEDs went out. Then slowly another, then another, then another....... It was one of the first mods I did on the T so it's about time to replace that. I've had the light for a little over a year and I think there are about 5 or 6 LEDs out.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Bad soldering or connectivity causes LED's to fail, the lights are most likely still good... I've had mine going on almost 5 yrs and they all still work, just as bright as day one... Take it apart and resolder the connections, or have an electronics shop do it for ya. My Volant LED tail lights have a 3 light section that was flickering before and now is out, so I know the connection is bad, gonna have JonBlazed fix it when we ever get to hook up to do my cluster lighting...

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Or just throw some LED's in your stock light...pretty cheap to boot

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For $35 shipped you cant really beat that price, plus the security of still having the stock unit to replace it if I need to. I went ahead and ordered one...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts