Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got some cargo led lights that are fairly new the problem I'm having is when the truck is off And the cargo lights are on they stay on fine but if the truck is on and running and I turn them on they begin to flicker a bit. What's up with that? I want to switch out my license plate lights for led also what's the biggest bulb we can fit in there ? They're 194 bulb size no?

Also if I wanted to run Amber led lights as my daytime/parking lights would I need resistors? Cause those blink when the blinker is engaged no? I remember I tried to put Amber leds as my turn signals/daytime lights in my Chevy but I never got them to work right eve with resistors.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Question for you, I notice your tag line lists your have subwoofers and HID's what type of battery are you running?

Do the lights flicker while driving, did you check your gauges to see if the battery is maintaining over 12 volts?

Granted I know LED's require less power, however its just a simple question to see the root cause?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The truck has a duralast gold battery from autozone. Is there a certain size these trucks have to run? Or is the battery small like the oil filters lol changed the oil on a Honda CR-V and it uses the same filter on it as the Titan I was like wth.

Well while im driving I don't have them on but say i open the door to check something in the bed WHILE the truck is idling/running they begin to flicker. But if the truck is off they don't. As for the battery gauge it always read a little more than half ways at when on so yeah 12volts steady BUT my battery did die a few days ago on me I needed a jump idk how. But the flickering problem started before that.

·
Premium Member
384 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The power supply is fine, its just the way the body control module operates when the truck is running and regulating voltage on the circuit. A good quality constant current driver type bulb with the correct resistance will prevent that from happening. These here would work and likely be much brighter than what you have now:

www.retro-solutions.net/product-info.php?921_912_906_T15_5W_CREE_LED_Reverse_Wedge_Bulbs-pid699.html
Wow those are pricey being they're small bulbs for the cargo lamp. Any discount for being a forum member ? You can get a decent set of led cubes on Amazon for that price.

But then how come no one else is having the same problems as me? I'm sure I'm not the only one that has led cargo lights.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
I spent $30+ each on my LED reverses and cargo lights.

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
Wow those are pricey being they're small bulbs for the cargo lamp. Any discount for being a forum member ? You can get a decent set of led cubes on Amazon for that price.

But then how come no one else is having the same problems as me? I'm sure I'm not the only one that has led cargo lights.
They might be a little more costly, but they are also extremely bright.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I spent $30+ each on my LED reverses and cargo lights.
Per pair? From retro or other source? I bought some off amazon that are very bright reverse led for 15$ haven't had any problems just the cargo lights that are acting funny. cause my bulbs have a 1 yr warranty as does retros so what guarantee that those won't start giving me problems after that year mark and I spent double. Get where I'm coming from I'm sure there quality but my 15$ bulbs also offer the same length warranty.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They might be a little more costly, but they are also extremely bright.
How long would they take to get to me in CA? And shipping cost ? I have a prime account so that's why I try and buy most my stuff through Amazon if I can fast and free shipping. So yours will get rid of my flickering and be significantly brighter than the ones I have now? I'll probably end up buying a pair of cargo lights from you and compare them to the ones I have now. Post some pictures up of them next to each other. I tried using the code in your sig and it gave no discount.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts