Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across VLEDS.com while looking at conversion kits. Is anyone running led kits? How do they compare to HIDS for output and light focus?

·
Premium Member
20,958 Posts
You're talking headlights? I have completely replaced all the bulbs in my Truck with LEDs except for the front turn signals and driving lights. I heard that the LED replacements for driving lights aren't as bright.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have converted most of the bulbs in my truck with LED as well. I have heard the same thing about the LED headlight kits, that they don't project the light properly, was just wondering if anyone here was running them yet for confirmation. I currently have HIDs and it seems like I have always had problems with them; flicker, burning out, radio interference, and so on. Just looking for a better option without going back to silverstars.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Quite a few of us have bought LED headlights from retro-solutions. I'm very happy with mine as they're dead on "white" light (no blue) and they throw light well. They're not going to be HID cutoff quality with projectors, but they're hands down better than stock/Sylvanias if you're not running projectors.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right now I'm running 35W HIDs with the stock headlight/fog light reflector. I have had a bunch of issues with them lately and was looking for alternatives.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts

·
Registered
8,468 Posts
I'm in the process of completing my Full LED Retrofit on my Titan!

It is AMAZING how much the LED's make a difference in the overall appearance of the Truck!!!

I <3 mine!!!

I've been on the VLED Website, but i wasn't really impressed w/ their products...

Do yourself a favor & check out TRS!!! (The Retrofit Source Inc.)

I still have to install my:
Morimoto XB 35W 6K HID's w/ Dual HD Relay Harnesses, TRS Front Blinker Switchbacks & Diode Dynamics Rear Blinker Switchbacks. I just received my "Load Resistors" that i need to wire into all (4) front/rear blinkers to keep them from "Hyper-Flashing". (ALL from TRS)

I also just picked up a 24" 120W Combo (flood/spot) LED Bar w/ Relay & Switch Harness included! I got such a Great Deal i just couldn't refuse! HAHA

I bought all my HID's/LED's through Scott Kuecher @ No Limit Automotive Solutions. Except for the LED Bar, i got that from Jon Cretella.

These guys always have Great Deals & have access to ANY kind of Automotive Lighting you could think up!

HAPPY MODDING!!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
From what I understand from contacting trs. They only recommend the led for high beams/DRL and fog lights. But I'm sure if you can find a 9006 "good" led bulb it will match a halogen for output

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
From what I understand from contacting trs. They only recommend the led for high beams/DRL and fog lights. But I'm sure if you can find a 9006 "good" led bulb it will match a halogen for output
They're by far better than halogens. If you don't want to buy projector housings or retrofit your OEM's for projectors for HID's they're the next best thing.

Reactions: snave7
1 - 10 of 10 Posts