Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
I decided to pick up a set of Philips LED Daylight 4 Running Lights and I plan on installing them this weekend in the space above the towhooks (ala N2Titan).

This is purely for safety issues, not looks, so how do you recommend I wire it up (opinions, not technical request)?

1. Full-Time On
2. Off when headlights come on
3. Full-Time on, but off if I turn on the fog lights.

I added #3 because I wasn't sure if the DRLs would potentially cause fog driving issues if they were full on.

Thanks for your opinions.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have a set on another vehicle. I have them piggybacked onto the driving lights power circuit. #3 sounds good.

Do you have a picture or link to the ones you mentioned? I want to see how they are mounted in the tow hook holes.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Here's a pic from the net and a link I found, but it's on the German Amazon page. The video is really good, too.
[ame]http://www.amazon.de/Philips-12820WLEDX1-LED-DayLight4/dp/B00440CWEE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1297869664&sr=8-1[/ame]

I found 3 model numbers, based on the number of LEDs in each piece: the 4, 5 and 8.

I had considered buying the longer ones, but there's not a lot of places to put the things on the front of the truck. Based on the measurements, it didn't look like any would fit under the lights or under the front grill face between the face and the bumper, so I opted for the smaller (and cheaper) ones to put above the tow hooks.

I also didn't want to mount it on the bottom because I didn't want to knock them off on snow or something, or if I accidently hit a curb while parking. Hey, you never know.

As far as mounting them, I have no idea. I'll have to crawl under there this weekend. The lights come with mounting brackets that you snap the light into. I'm not above using zip ties if necessary.

Attachments

·
Registered
315 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have a similar set up, using the tow hook slots.
mail.jpg

·
Registered
141 Posts
I was thinking of doing the same thing, I have these PIAA's from my old car:

I'd wire them so they would be on whenever the car is on as most OEM DRL setups. I don't think they will interfere with the fogs at all.

Something like this:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts