Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I have a 2017 Nissan titan 5.6 v8 platinum reserve. It has halogen fog lights. I would like to switch/convert to LED fog light bulbs. Has anyone done this? And if so can you share with me what bulb or modification you used? thank you!

·
Registered
157 Posts
I went further than JUST the fogs. Done it all. Easy. Love it! Here ya go...

Fog Lights:
Philips 12834UNIX2 X-tremeVision LED Fog Light, Fits Fog H8, H11, H16, 2 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00U2NHLTI/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_8ggmBb7D9E63A

High Beams:
HIKARI LED Headlight Bulbs Conversion Kit -HB3(9005),CREE XHP50 9600lm 6K Cool White,2 Yr Warranty https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LCE1AY2?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

Reverse Lights:
194 LED Light bulb, Yorkim 2017 Newest, 5th Generation, Interior Lights for W5W 194 168 2825 T10 Wedge... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JRE38EA?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

Interior Lights:
Yorkim 4x 31mm (1.25") 6-smd 5730 Dc 12v Super Bright Festoon White LED Bulbs, Fit for 3175 LED, De302... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZKTXJA4?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx for the feed back. How was the install? is it just plug and go or is there mods and conversion kit/kits. I'm very novice at these things. not only the fog lights but the high beams as well?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Thx for the feed back. How was the install? is it just plug and go or is there mods and conversion kit/kits. I'm very novice at these things. not only the fog lights but the high beams as well?
Plug and go. Fogs, tail, and interiors are the most simple as they are the easiest to access. Fogs are in an open space right behind the bumper. Tail lights remove with a philips screw driver. Interior lights are accessed by opening the covers with a knife (several how-to videos on YouTube). The high beams are trickier because you have to turn the wheel and remove the wheel well liners. However, once the tabs and bolts are removed it again is plug and go. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
157 Posts
BIGSTUF - What do you gain with these LED's? Brightness? Color temp? Lower power consumption?
In a nutshell, halogen bulbs run a LOT hotter, burn out quicker, have a warmer color temperature, use more power, and are super sensitive to oils from your hands.

LED’s run MUCH cooler, are more energy efficient, last WAY longer, are available in cooler color temperatures, and are shock resistant.

Nissan thought enough about LED’s to make them the standard low beam on all the new Titan models except the “S” and perhaps “SV” trim if I recall correctly and PLENTY of folks on this forum have upgraded due to all the benefits. You can’t go wrong with LED’s! I highly recommend them!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello. I have a 2017 Nissan titan 5.6 v8 platinum reserve. It has halogen fog lights. I would like to switch/convert to LED fog light bulbs. Has anyone done this? And if so can you share with me what bulb or modification you used? thank you!
Have you figured out what you are doing with your factory fog lights? Baja Designs offer an OEM plug n play LED fog light kit. Check it out https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/2017-2018-Nissan-Titan-Fog-Pocket-Kits.asp

·
Registered
157 Posts
Have you figured out what you are doing with your factory fog lights? Baja Designs offer an OEM plug n play LED fog light kit. Check it out https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/2017-2018-Nissan-Titan-Fog-Pocket-Kits.asp
$280 for “sport” and $480 for “pro”?! ?? Mr. Moneybags over here! (I kid, I kid) Still though, I’ll stick with my $120 fog light replacements!

·
Registered
157 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you have any issues with the reverse LED’s not working? I installed them in one direction and they were illuminated without being in reverse. The other way they don’t work at all...
thanks

·
Registered
215 Posts
$280 for “sport” and $480 for “pro”?! ?? Mr. Moneybags over here! (I kid, I kid) Still though, I’ll stick with my $120 fog light replacements!
Actually, if you need the fixture, the price is reasonable. I had a hit and run at my work parking lot, just the bumper, but broke the fog light out. Quote for the part (just one light fixture) was C$600 (about US$450). So two for US$480 (for pro, less for sport) doesn't seem too bad to me.

I ended up creating a harness of wire to replace all the broken plastic, and so far the fog light seems to be holding in place. I like "free" over $600 by a long shot.

Thanks to @760Titan18 for posting the link. I will seriously consider these if my jerry-rigged fix doesn't hold.

·
Registered
388 Posts
If you need LED fogs for a 2nd gen, the Nissan LED fog set includes two modules and is well under $200 with the Nissan Estore discount. If you do not have factory fogs though, you will have to purchase the switch separately. Rest is plug and play. The two pigtails included with the kit, connect to the factory connectors on the bumper, and the switch should be a very each install to the left of the steering wheel. There is already a connector there for the switch.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I switched the bulbs (the ones that are linked in the #2 comment) around and evertthing works now. HOWEVER, When I apply my brake in any stage of driving, the back up and 360 can display on my screen. Kinda neat, but... why? Something must be screwing with the computEr.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not sure if this is a dead post.. but, I ordered placement bulbs for fog lights on '18 Titan SV.. (H11). When I went to install, the 3 locking "teeth" seem to be too small for the factory housing. Has anyone else encountered this?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm planning to replace my existing lights with Led lights as well. I'm looking at 4wheelonline for my options. I've been reading some reviews so I appreciate the recommendations here.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Seems like Nissan really stepped up with the 2020. My Pro4 came with LED fogs, but I can't leave be good lol. Had to get some yellow vinyl fog covers and cover them. Looks like I have yellow fogs, hmmmm I do. Reverse bulbs were halogens, yep changed them to LEDs too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts