Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in a rural area and drive a lot of two-lane , 55 mile-per-hour speed limit, unlit roads, with a lot of wildlife. I just turned 56 and am starting to notice my vision at night is getting poorer. Add a little rain and it is especially difficult for me to see clearly , or at least as clear as I would like to. New glasses have helped a lot , but I would like to have an LED bar on the front of my 2017 Pro 4X. I would like light bar to be less than 18 inches wide and would like to mount it someplace along the front grill area . There are a number of trucks in my area that have bull bars with LED bars attached . None of these are Titans, which are few and far between here anyway . Come to think of it, I haven't seen New Generation Titan in this area, other than the occasional one with out of state plates . Does anyone have any experience with this and could offer some suggestions or links as to where I can get more information ?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Not quite what your after, but Rigid. Industries makes a grill option for their LED 20" light bar. They also have replacement LED lights for the current fog lights. All their lights carry a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Here is where I put my 20" bar. Be aware of your local laws....after 10+ years of running these types of lights on various trucks, I got a $155 ticket over the holidays for running a non-DOT offroad light on the highways. (I live out in the country and use it to see wildlife, always turning it off when other drivers are present)

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
2 questions for ya..Was the double sided tape on the bottom of the hood protector or in the middle that covers the hood lip?? I swear they put the tape on the wrong damn side, I just opened mine yesterday and I was scratchin my head. And what LED light is that and was it hard to install?? thanks

·
Registered
181 Posts
Here is where I put my 20" bar. Be aware of your local laws....after 10+ years of running these types of lights on various trucks, I got a $155 ticket over the holidays for running a non-DOT offroad light on the highways. (I live out in the country and use it to see wildlife, always turning it off when other drivers are present)
What is the part number or series of bar that you got and was it pretty straight forward to install? That is what I am looking for also.

·
Registered
127 Posts
2 questions for ya..Was the double sided tape on the bottom of the hood protector or in the middle that covers the hood lip?? I swear they put the tape on the wrong damn side, I just opened mine yesterday and I was scratchin my head. And what LED light is that and was it hard to install?? thanks

LED wasn’t too bad...take the plastic belly pan off and you will see the metal cross member; 2 little offset metal brackets with a self-tapping screw holds it in place. The light is a China cheapo...Cree LED. I’ve had a few expensive Rigid ones over the years and they are not any brighter and they fail eventually as well.

The hood protector sits on top of the hood along the main part....hood fits tight to the grill so it doesn’t wrap under the front of the hood.

Can Am....now you know how Col Sanders felt when he licked his first finger...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
HMX Dave
Nissan Titan Forum
Nissan Titan Talk Forum is a community for truck owners to discuss the Titan Cummins, Warrior, Midnight Edition and more!
Full Forum Listing