Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i see posts about the led light bars for the back of the trucks under the tailgate but i search them and find many different manufactures. what do you guys recommend and if at all possable put some linkys to them. i dont want to go buy a cheap one that wont work half the time. also did you guys hardwire them?

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Many companies sell them. I have the one called "Line Of Fire". AutoAnything.com sells them or ones like them. Otherwise, look up the line of fire name.

·
Registered
800 Posts
i have "Recon" Line of fire for about a year and no problems, i have seen some on other vehicles that some of the LED's aren't lit, i wouldn't save a few bucks and take a chance for subpar LED's.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Don,t waste your money had fire storm abou 180 I thinks and paid another 65 to have installed at great shop and still had problems. Returned it, Like other folla said I see many with bulbs out (looks really bad)
Just my opion

·
Registered
418 Posts
ive got the recon line of fire also. works great, looks great, and aint had no problems from it. cant really ask for more than that!!!

·
Registered
422 Posts
I also have the Recon White Lightning bar. I hardwired it to the tow harness thing that comes with the hitch. Problem free so far

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
In fact, I just ordered a new Recon Line Of Fire for my new truck. I liked the look of the newer white lightning one....that comes with white reverse lights but then you get less red LEDs so I stuck with the regular 60" red bar. I found it on Ebay for...get this...$24 plus shipping. Total was about $40. Not bad.

·
Registered
418 Posts
i got mine on ebay too for pretty dang cheap. and its not a piece of crap or anything. i do my research when buyin stuff on ebay, cause there are a lot of con-artists out there sellin stuff. but i think i got mine fore about 50 shipped. retail is way about that.

·
Registered
220 Posts
what was needed to install the bar??
I have an 07' SE CC now w/o the towing pkg but have the 7pin already under my truck. The dealership said i needed an adapt and all kinds of relays and stuff. it was gonna cost me $111 to get them to make it work from what they said.

Can I just get that adapt and it'll work or did you guys have to get all the relays and stuff so the blinkers worked?? Where do you get a 7 - 4pin adapt?

thanks for the help!!!!!

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Oh and also...if you have the spray in bed liner, don't just use the 3M tape to install it. I installed it that way then got longer stainless steel metal screws, drilled out the holes, and screwed the light bar in place. The 3M tape won't get a full hold on the rough surface and will come loose over time. I found that out on the last Titan I had the bar on.

·
Registered
367 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
I have the tow package but chose to hard wire the bar bacause I tow a TT. Here's a pic I just took for ya...I couldn't find pics of it on my last Titan. This is a brand new light bar on the new 08 PRO-4X. Also, the LED tails are now on the new truck.
I like those tails, where did u get them? and how much?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Thats some nice stuff man!! looks awsome! I goota get me some soon! Thanx for the site

·
Registered
72 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
I have the tow package but chose to hard wire the bar bacause I tow a TT. Here's a pic I just took for ya...I couldn't find pics of it on my last Titan. This is a brand new light bar on the new 08 PRO-4X. Also, the LED tails are now on the new truck.
Darn HVT. You just got the truck and you have all kind of mods going. I got my 08 in November and have the LED bar, Stainless Steel bug deflector, scan gauge II, and a prodigy brake controller all siting in boxes waiting to be installed. It seems like I have been spending every free moment trying to keep my driveway clear of snow (300 X 20 feet). Not to mention the highs during the day in the 20s and the low in the single digits. I am not going to be doing any work on my Titan til this spring. I am jealous.

·
Registered
220 Posts
yeah looks badass, especially w/ the taillights!!! ill be getting mine soon :)

HudsonValleyTitan said:

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
titanguru said:
Darn HVT. You just got the truck and you have all kind of mods going. I got my 08 in November and have the LED bar, Stainless Steel bug deflector, scan gauge II, and a prodigy brake controller all siting in boxes waiting to be installed. It seems like I have been spending every free moment trying to keep my driveway clear of snow (300 X 20 feet). Not to mention the highs during the day in the 20s and the low in the single digits. I am not going to be doing any work on my Titan til this spring. I am jealous.
These were just the few things on my 04 that I swapped onto the new truck. I just did the brake controller yesterday as well. We had some pretty cold weather here last week where the highs were in the teens and lows near 0. This week it's been much warmer..today was 65 so....I just did the light bar today. I do have a nice garage with radiant floor heat but it's kind of hard to move around this truck while its in there!...lol...it's loooong. Don't worry, I hear spring is on the way.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Getting my Line of Fire MONDAY!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
already got it pre-wired up and ready for plugin!!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts