Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have a set like these from another Ebay vendor -- price is very similar -- my disappointment is I have 3 leds out after a few months, and I have no recourse.

I would say, though, that you should be OK -- I have had other similar sets on my car, with absolutely no issues.

·
Super Moderator
160,976 Posts
I think there is a module that you can buy. When you don't have the regular lights back there and go LED's, the difference (I think) in the resistance makes your truck think your tail lights are burnt out and the way it lets you know that is by flashing really quickly. I'd have to search around to see about that module, but I think you can find them out there.

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
Carbeaux said:
I think there is a module that you can buy. When you don't have the regular lights back there and go LED's, the difference (I think) in the resistance makes your truck think your tail lights are burnt out and the way it lets you know that is by flashing really quickly. I'd have to search around to see about that module, but I think you can find them out there.
www.superbrightleds.com

·
Registered
70 Posts
Carbeaux said:
I wish it were this simple -- mine do not flash -- as a matter of fact they work just fine, but a row of 3 leds is not working -- at one point they were on but dimmer than the rest. All the others (looks like there's a total of 20 leds per taillight) work perfectly -- these tails come with the modulating device installed -- otherwise most everyone would just return them.

Mine may just have a shorted connection for the row of 3 leds, but they are not easy to take apart to fix.

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
XETEX said:
I wish it were this simple -- mine do not flash -- as a matter of fact they work just fine, but a row of 3 leds is not working -- at one point they were on but dimmer than the rest. All the others (looks like there's a total of 20 leds per taillight) work perfectly -- these tails come with the modulating device installed -- otherwise most everyone would just return them.

Mine may just have a shorted connection for the row of 3 leds, but they are not easy to take apart to fix.
They work just fine???? ^^^^^^^^^^^not what that there implies.

·
Registered
70 Posts
OK -- let me explain -- the taillights work just fine with respect to:

Turn signaling
Braking
Parking
Full lights on

IN other words, there is not any FLASHING or other malfunctioning occurring, which is discussed in some of the posts -- in reference to a module or resistor, I'm saying, that is not the issue.

very simply, out of 20 leds (6 rows of 3 and one row of 2) one row of LEDs is out -- has a minor (aesthetic) impact, but overall the taillight works as its supposed to.

·
Registered
124 Posts
XETEX said:
OK -- let me explain -- the taillights work just fine with respect to:

Turn signaling
Braking
Parking
Full lights on

IN other words, there is not any FLASHING or other malfunctioning occurring, which is discussed in some of the posts -- in reference to a module or resistor, I'm saying, that is not the issue.

very simply, out of 20 leds (6 rows of 3 and one row of 2) one row of LEDs is out -- has a minor (aesthetic) impact, but overall the taillight works as its supposed to.
I have the same set myself. I also ordered from ebay and actually had a 2 month warranty. About 5 weeks after installing them, both had a row of 3 out. So, I got a new set under warranty and now about 4 months later, a row of 3 is out in one of them :crying:. I can't win.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Bought the same set except for mine are chrome. Did not have any problems and they blink the same speed as the stock taillights (comes with the module for the in line resistance). Over one year and no LED's out. (cross fingers) paid 135.00 plus shipping

·
Registered
70 Posts
trckwsh01 said:
I have the same set myself. I also ordered from ebay and actually had a 2 month warranty. About 5 weeks after installing them, both had a row of 3 out. So, I got a new set under warranty and now about 4 months later, a row of 3 is out in one of them :crying:. I can't win.
Well I didn't expect anyone to have the same issue -- but, bottom line, LEDs are rated 50,000 hours and are more expensive -- it's plain chicken**** that these vendors don't give a one or two year warranty -- expensive crap if it doesn't last for years, IMHO. I asked the vendor -- KAYEE-something if they could help -- they cited their 30 day warranty and shut the door on me -- they're covered, but I wouldn't piss on 'em if they were on fire.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
My Volants work perfect...

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I went ahead and ordered a set. They are not a budget buster item so I figure I will take the chance. I ordered last night about 9pm and got a shipment confirmation email today by noon so that is a positive sign, at least about the vendor. I will let you know how they work and look after the install and thanks for the feedback.

·
Super Moderator
160,976 Posts
If you guys that have LED's out are any good at soldering, I'm betting that you have a cracked solder joint on that row of LED's that aren't lighting. Worth checking out with a multimeter. I'd bet it's not the LED's themselves since it's an entire row.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Carbeaux said:
If you guys that have LED's out are any good at soldering, I'm betting that you have a cracked solder joint on that row of LED's that aren't lighting. Worth checking out with a multimeter. I'd bet it's not the LED's themselves since it's an entire row.
I bet you're right - worth trying to fix. The bugger is getting inside of these things -- they're not too user friendly.

Thanks!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts