Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to replace all bulbs in the rear of the truck, brake lights, turn signals, cargo, ect. Has anyone change over to the LED bulbs that plug into the oem sockets? Any downside to them? Are they brighter/not as bright? Are they worth the switch?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Do a search for Armaden in the advanced search option. He is the LED guru and will set you straight.

·
Registered
339 Posts
If you're going to go LED I suggest to replace the whole break assembly that has all the LED's in it. The problem with those little LED replacement bulbs is that they are very small in Diameter so you only see the little dot of light from a distance. The whole assembly are plug-n-play and I've had mine for about 2 years with no problems.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
bulbs to LEDs....like DAY and NIGHT. Worth the money to switch. I bought everything from ARMADEN as well.

·
Registered
490 Posts
If you do go the whole assembly route for brake lights, PUTCO makes a third brake light that I got. I have not decided on a set of the other ones but the PUTCO one is great. Almost two years on my TITAN and no troubles.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I used the superbright amber led in my mood light. The rest of my LED's came from Armaden.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
I have the Volant LED tails but until they make an LED replacement bulb for the interior that isn't that silly blue hued, I'll stick to stock bulbs.

·
Super Moderator
160,801 Posts
They do, I think, HVT. The "warm white". I'm with you, though. For the interior, I don't want the harsh "loading dock" look. Same for my travel trailer.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
They do, I think, HVT. The "warm white". I'm with you, though. For the interior, I don't want the harsh "loading dock" look. Same for my travel trailer.
lol...I've seen white LED Christmas lights that are awful IMO but I did see this year that they had a more true white LED Christmas light but wasn't aware they made them for automotive use as well. I should add though that my discription of the blue LEDs was just my opinion. If anyone happens to like that hue, go for it!

·
Registered
490 Posts
I posed that query about LEDs under the hood to Armaden about a month ago. He said he was working on something. What have you heard from him. Do you have a light under the hood now, I do not?

·
Registered
490 Posts
I will hit him up when I get back home. Thanx

1 - 14 of 14 Posts