Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry guys ,but you are the only ones that can help me.

I ran the vin# on an 06 Crew Cab SE & it was manufactured & shipped to dealer last June or July 06(Had to jump it off for me to test it)

Suggested retail $28,050 adjusted SE bed package(liner,bed extender,etc... $31,515

The Louisiana dealership wanted to sell me this leftover 06 for $27,300 !!! . I believe they only gave me the $3500 nissan rebate. Is that reasonable? If there is a $3500 rebate & the invoice(yahoo) is $25,555-$26000 is this a reasonable price to pay?

What would be a reasonable, before tax, offer for a leftover crew cab SE $31,515 sticker? thanx in advance guys.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I don't know about the 06' deal. But I payed almost $32,000 after the rebate plus taxes and license. I didn't get a good deal but love the truck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ProjectTitan007 said:
I don't know about the 06' deal. But I payed almost $32,000 after the rebate plus taxes and license. I didn't get a good deal but love the truck.
Thanks for responding 007! It really does seem like a sweet truck ,but I have heard that the 08's are coming out this summer & by January 08 this 06 leftover truck will already be considered two(2) years old.

Is the rebate actually $3500 right now?(4/07) If so they only really came down to $27,300 & suggested that I put down $2500 dollars to come down to $24,800 plus t,t & l which would bring me back to $27k out the door

$3500 rebate plus my $2500 = 7000 dollars $7000 from $31,515 = $24k + tt&l. That doesn't sound like a good deal to me. They didn'tbudge off the price basically. what should I do.

·
Registered
126 Posts
If you look close with all incentives he will be getting close to 6k off, which is a resonable price , but between me and you if the truck has been sitting that long I would work em over alittle more you should be able to get some more cash off. If they give you a good price I would be prepaired to make the deal someone else might steal it away.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
P's Titan said:
they can go much lower. I got a left over 04 in May of 05 and got close to 6k off sticker & the $3500 rebate.

Don't take that crappy deal, work them for more $$$ off
Thanx P. I was thinking that if they sold it for invoice $25,500-26k minus $3500 rebate & not loose any money at $22k. (by the way they have about 3 or 4 '06's)
I think $23.5-24k +tt&l would be reasonable. Is it? I shall keep looking anyway. If anyone knows where I could match that $23.5-24k +t,t,&l let me know.On a crew cab Se & Smoke preferably. Have cash. Will travel!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Listen, if the dealer will not show you the invoice, then knock off the rebate AND the dealer holdback, just keep shopping. There are other '06s left over here and there. The truck is about to be 2 model years old... Let 'em keep looking at it! Hope they like it!
I looked at an '06 LE CC 4x4 in Jan and the dealer was coming off around 7k then. BTW, it was a Smoke CC LE......:crying: Don't underestimate the power of the internet pricing. They think you don't know Jack......But you know how far your hard earned dollar goes.....:gunz:

·
Registered
275 Posts
I looked at some left over 2006 models last week and asked they same thing on here. I didn't actually talk to the dealer but looked at Edmunds on trade in value on a 2006 and it was significantly less than msrp. I think on an 4x4 SE with a MSRP of $38K was listed as $24K trade in value with 3K miles on edmunds.
I would think the dealer could give you alot bigger discount on that truck. I would think you could get that truck in the low 20's.
________
Knight rider advice

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dodson914 said:
Don't do it. I got an 07 le for 27k after rebate. I wouldn't go over 22k
Thanx for the welcome guys. I thought that maybe I was being a bit of jerk with them ,but I was certain they could do better on a leftover 06.
I just received an internet offer of $25,390.47 for a KC/LE(I want the CC/SE) from another dealer. I may try to deal with this dealer since they were the only one who would even quote me an internet price. The rest wrote back with a lot of "come in" & "call me" ,but would not give me a quote.

I had narrowed it to Ram & Titan & hope I am making the right choice with the nissan. It is a sweet ride.

·
Registered
457 Posts
You'll love the titan. What are you trying to spend? Why not go with the '07. You'll start off with more ponies and you get the variable valve timing. You should be able to get an '07 cc se in the mid to low 20's fairly easy. Are you getting 4x4?

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
If this of any help, I talked to my dealers sales manager about rebates last Saturday when I got my oil changed. He got a recent bulletin showing rebates being offered on the 08 Titans as well as the 07 models. Check with your dealer about this and see if they have a delivery schedule on the 08 models. They were scheduled to start appearing at dealer lots in May, but that timeline seems to change.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
tex said:
I looked at some left over 2006 models last week and asked they same thing on here. I didn't actually talk to the dealer but looked at Edmunds on trade in value on a 2006 and it was significantly less than msrp. I think on an 4x4 SE with a MSRP of $38K was listed as $24K trade in value with 3K miles on edmunds.
I would think the dealer could give you alot bigger discount on that truck. I would think you could get that truck in the low 20's.

Answering everyone since I am so grateful for the response from you guys.Only my second new vehicle ever!! Green as grass ,but the internet is my savior this time around.

Just got a quote from another dealer of $23.7k"ish" plus tt&l on an 07' CC/SE. NOT SURE of the exact options, but I am thinking that this is a fair price? I am depending on you guys to help me get a fair price & will certainly keep you up to date.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Boone said:
Thanx for the welcome guys. I thought that maybe I was being a bit of jerk with them ,but I was certain they could do better on a leftover 06.
I just received an internet offer of $25,390.47 for a KC/LE(I want the CC/SE) from another dealer. I may try to deal with this dealer since they were the only one who would even quote me an internet price. The rest wrote back with a lot of "come in" & "call me" ,but would not give me a quote.

I had narrowed it to Ram & Titan & hope I am making the right choice with the nissan. It is a sweet ride.
on the same day - back to back - drive the Ram then go drive the Titan - be honest with the salesperson tell him exactly what's going on -- that you are there to drive a Ram then you are leaving to go drive a Titan. They know the product sells itself shouldn't take you long at all and you will be blown away at how much better a Titan is vs. the Ram.

I traded in a Loaded 01 F-250 CC 4x4 pwerstroke for an XE CC 4x4! I do miss the diesel MPG though!! good luck! Fd

·
Registered
457 Posts
That sounds much better. I would definitely go with an '07 or like MuskyHunter said wait for the '08. They've changed the grill and interior on the '08's. Along with adding a long bed model.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
dodson914 said:
You'll love the titan. What are you trying to spend? Why not go with the '07. You'll start off with more ponies and you get the variable valve timing. You should be able to get an '07 cc se in the mid to low 20's fairly easy. Are you getting 4x4?
Thank you, Dod. I am looking for the 2wd Crew Cab SE. Just got an internet offer of $23.7 "ish" a few minutes ago on the 07'. Have an appointment tomorrow morning to go see internet sales guy.

From the prices I have seen I thought that I could find something for no more than $26k or less?(INCLUDING TT&L) so $23-24K or less.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
dodson914 said:
That sounds much better. I would definitely go with an '07 or like MuskyHunter said wait for the '08. They've changed the grill and interior on the '08's. Along with adding a long bed model.
Do you think that I will be able to get an 08(CC/SE) for $26k(including TT&L) or less this early? I wanted to be riding by 3/26(Capital One Blank Check expires ) However I am sure I can get an extension if I am undecided by then.
I will try not to be over anxious, but I do have "The BUG". And in the words of Duke Ellington "I got it bad And that ain't good"!

I have to go to work see you guys in the morning.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I would just go and get the '07. I would also try and see if they will come off the quote some too. If not I still don't think 23k is a bad deal. They keep pushing back the '08's here. Best of luck. Let us know how it turns out.

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
Dealers should be willing to go 1000-2000 below invoice plus rebates to get rid of 06s since the 08s come in 3 weeks. I wouldn't pay anymore then that. 25,500-1,000-3,500 = 21,000

1 - 20 of 27 Posts