Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ordered a Nissan Titan pickup from a dealer that offered me a great deal. We did the contract and I gave him a $1000 deposit. The truck should take less than 8 weeks to be delivered.

So today, 4 weeks into the deal I call the dealer looking for a tentative delivery date. He says "that's funny, it's not showing anything". He checks around and calls me back and says "The GM decided not to order the truck because the price was too low".

They have refunded my deposit but I'd like to cause them some pain for my aggravation.

Do I have any recourse? Do I have any damages?

Nissan USA didn't seem to care because all dealers are independently owned and operated.

Do I have a course of action or should I just move on....and buy a ford?

·
Registered
780 Posts
do not buy a Ford!

just start over with another dealer. :grunge:
stuff happens. "c'est la vie" (that's life).
just have couple of cold beers with friends to bad mouth that dealer and move on, after reorting them to the Better Busines Bureau, or something like that.
you'll be really sorry to pay more money for a dressed-up dandy Ford F-150 that'll be WEAKER and much less reliable than a Titan. I've owned two Ford F-150s, they're OK, but not as good as a Titan.

and if you wanted the Titan Off-road Package, than wait until April or May when you can have the rear axle e-locker, :cheers: !

if you ever go off-roading you'll love the e-locker

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am no lawyer, but I always thought a deposit was a contract to make the deal happen. Just like if you back out, you lose the deposit. I would talk with someone if possible. Probably not worth going to court over, but you could always go back to the dealer and threaten repercussions. You can also take them to small claims court. Sometimes it's expensive for them to get lawyers and $ to go to small claims so they like to settle out (aka, sell you the car you originally ordered)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Have A Cold One

Same thing happened to me! Best thing is to just find some one happy to take your hard earned $$$. And when or if your new TITAN is sitting in your drive way all will be forgiven!!! But don't get so upset you do something you WILL REGRET a FORD!!!! GOOD LUCK :cheers:

·
Registered
169 Posts
That sucks, I would be angry too! First, you report them to the better business bureau. Then, I would visit www.troubleshooter.com It is the website of a consumer advocate named Tom Martino. Give his 800 number a call and see what he can do. He'll probably want a copy of your contract. If you still can't get satisfaction, try picketing their lot on a Saturday. By the way, what is the name of the dealer? I'd be willing to let them know that I disapprove of their actions. If enough people do that, maybe it will help.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Yeah, he's based in Colorado. So he would probably have a little more leverage with a local dealership, but if you listen to his show, he takes on issues throughout the country. Not sure if he's syndicated now or what, but that's why he's got the toll-free number.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Also remember that if you plan on taking your future truck to this dealership for service, you really wouldn't want "hard feelings", but I feel your pain.

Tom would be able to help, so if you call, let us know so we can listen! Love to hear about the Titan on Troubleshooter talk show. He'll most likley discuss it with his attourneys, and if they feel you were screwed he'll call the GM, badmouth the dealership on air, etc.

But only do this if you plan never to shop or go there for service again. :)

·
Registered
740 Posts
My advice is to go to another dealer with your deal. I amsure you will find another dealer who will take your deal. You might even find one that has already been made and you don't have to order.

As to the a**hole dealer - if you do not have to have service through them in the future put some pressure on them. Email the dealer principal and complain. As him/her what they are going to do for you. If you don't get a satisfactory reply, threaten legal action in another letter with a CC showing to your Lawyer and Nissan HO.

As to small claims, you usually have to prove loss (that could be different in your area). They usually don't reimburse for time/anguish/other things like that. If you are not able to get the same deal elsewhere, then you normally could take the fisrt dealership to small claims for the difference in price (your "loss).

Again, you will have to read the fine print on your contract, and find out your local laws.

Trust me I feel for ya! I ordered in Nov. and I still don't have a VIN# or an expected delivery date.

Just don't let one dealer spoil you from getting the truck you want. Don't go to Ford unless absolutely necessary!

Good luck!! :cheers:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just sent him a love note..........
-----------------------
Hello Robert,

Please read your email to me (below) from last month. You may also want to show this to Vince and your GM. It was this email that got me to place an order with your dealership. I really don't understand how I could give you a $1000 deposit, walk out with a signed contract, yet your dealer decided on his own to not order my truck as per our contact. Also, how could you not call me to tell me he wouldn't order it? The deal was accepted and a managers signature is on the contract. Now one month later, I'm back to square one.

My problem will become your problem as your dealership broke a contract.

As I mentioned during our phone conversation of earlier today, I still plan on buying a Titan and I'll be coming back to you for any difference in price between what we contracted for and what I'll end up paying somewhere else. Plus any additional expenses I incur along the way such as needing to rent a truck in order to do my business.

Earlier today I gave you the information for a Titan in Mass at Kelley Nissan. I am expecting you to deliver that truck to me for the price we agreed on at our meeting in your dealership on 2/27/04. If this is not going to happen, I need to know immediately so I can make other arrangements.

I'll await your written reply.

Ron Polli
732 255 3969

Subject: 2004 Nissan Titan Order

Dear Ron,

My name is Robert Septak and I work for Vince in the internet department. I know that he has spoken to you about the order of the Titan at cost. That is what he promised you and that is what you will get it for. The price of the vehicle is $36,210. Invoice price and the price you pay is $32,653. Parts is closed right now so I am not able to get you a price on the overhead roof rack for you. I can let you know tomorrow what they are in price. If you can agree to these numbers, please call me directly at (609)586-1900 ext 202 and I can take a deposit from you over the phone. If you cannot reach me you may ask for Vince. Thank you for the request and I hope we can earn your business.

Robert Septak
Internet Sales
Haldeman Nissan

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Haldeman Nissan is in Hamilton Square NJ.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts