Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else noticed how easy it it to mar the dash, center console, etc. Anywhere there is plastic, it seems that if you if you look at the wrong way, it scatches. Whats up?

·
Registered
104 Posts
newenglandtitan said:
Has anyone else noticed how easy it it to mar the dash, center console, etc. Anywhere there is plastic, it seems that if you if you look at the wrong way, it scatches. Whats up?
I have noticed this on the column between the driver and passenger windows where the seatbelt hits it while retracting. I was going to ask Nissan about it at first service in a few weeks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My plastic is the same. Even if someone just crosses their legs in the front passenger seat and barely scrapes the glove box door with their shoe, I looks like someone took a nail to it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
same thing

I have had the same experience. the plastic on the steering column in scratched b/c everytime i turn the key in the ignition the other keys brush up against it.

Also in the overhead compartment where the DVD player would be if I had one, and where I place my sun glasses, the screws securing it to the roof appear to be screwed in too tight and the plastic has cracked in several places. I wonder if they will replace it for free or if they'll try and charge me Anyone else had that?? :boxing:

·
Registered
62 Posts
TexasTaxGuy'sTitan said:
I have had the same experience. the plastic on the steering column in scratched b/c everytime i turn the key in the ignition the other keys brush up against it.

Also in the overhead compartment where the DVD player would be if I had one, and where I place my sun glasses, the screws securing it to the roof appear to be screwed in too tight and the plastic has cracked in several places. I wonder if they will replace it for free or if they'll try and charge me Anyone else had that?? :boxing:
i'm not having any problems at all with my plastic...anywhere.
TEXASTAXGUY, a lot of folks had problems with the overhead consoles coming from the factory cracked due to over tightening of the screws. That was the first thing I looked for when i picked up my Armada. I only had one overhead compartment that was cracked and that was the one that holds the sunglass case and map lights for the driver and front passenger. This part had been on national backorder (like i said, a lot of folks had the problem) but I was notified last week that the part should be at my dealer by the 29th of this month.
My dealership was gonna simply take an overhead console out of another vehicle on the lot and swap with me but even that vehicle had cracked consoles.
The dealer will be replacing mine at no cost to me.

I have the Armada and the console part for me which has the sunglass holder is called "Lamp Assembly - Map" and the part # is 26430-7S665. Not sure if my part is the EXACT same one in the Titan though.
You DEFINITELY shouldn't have to pay to get it fixed!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I had a problem today with my overhead console. The plastic broke out and fell down in the forward compartment (for sunshades) where the center anchor scew is. This was a piece that is about 1/2" x 3/4". The front of the console is still solid but I think I will bring it up to the dealer and get it replaced if they will do it.

You might check this area for cracks, etc. It appears that TexasTaxGuy has already discovered it, just hasn't fallen out yet like mine did.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My upper console was also cracked from screwing the screw in too tight. I noticed it when I picked it up new from the dealer. He said no problem we will order you another one. It showed up a week later, as they were putting it on, they realized the new one was already cracked worse than the first one. They said another week for another new one. 3 weeks ago. You can't see it, and it doesn't flop down or anything, but still, its new and I want it right.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts