Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Audio pros, quick question. Is a mono amp going to work better for a subwoofer only application or would a 2 channel bridged be better. I am looking to get a little more from my sub right now. I currently have a Tech12 box loaded with a 12in rockford p1 hooked to a 2 channel mtx that puts out 300 watts max bridged. I have the navone LOC and usually listen to the factory stereo around 12-15 (This one goes past 11!). Bass is good, but I want a little more. Just trying to see what I can do to tweak it where I want it. I might just say screw it and have James build a ported box with a supplied woofer and Sundown amp. BUT, before I scrap what I have, I figure to give it a chance. Any suggestions/thoughts are appreciated.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
If you are only going to use it for sub duty a mono amp is a good choice. In the past mono subs didn't have as good of sound quality as 2 ch amps because they were typically class D amps. However the new mono amps have improved considerably. The advantage of a mono amp is they are typically more efficient. However this wont be as important to you since you are only using one amp.

That sub is rated at 150wrms but I think you could give it double that and be safe.

Can you tell us what MTX amp you have? This will give us a better idea to give you some suggestions. Also how much did you want to spend.

I'd buy this if it was up to me.
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/buy-sell/59277-fs-new-sundown-audio-100-2-amp.html

You would get a great amp at a nice price. Also if you wanted to run it full range for comps later on you could do that. Its a little more power than you should use but if you keep your gains down it should be ok.

One thing you should try before buying another amp is to adjust the gain level on your amp and also the output on the Navone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts