Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
V8 TITAN said:
yeah you might have alot of snow, but we have the best powder on earth!!!! no skiing beats utah!!! and your getting the storm we just had, been there done that haha.
Yes, the snow falling here in Castle Rock is nice, light & fluffy, like Alta snow. Unfortunately, the roads to the ski resorts are closed.

·
Super Moderator
159,973 Posts
Amazing! You can see where I live, and have lived all my life so far

<<<<<

Views like that are a "concept" only for me. I'm sure I could grow weary of it like so many others do, but at least one winter, I'd like to see that.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Yes, the snow falling here in Castle Rock is nice, light & fluffy, like Alta snow. Unfortunately, the roads to the ski resorts are closed.
as a matter of fact im leaving in about 1 hour to go to alta. we just had a monster storm a few days ago and im going to hit the slopes today. when were you at alta and how did you like it?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Snow snow snow... had to be out and about in it yesterday driving family members to and from the hospital where my grandmother is. Can't say enough good things about how the Titan did.. cars and trucks stuck everywhere, but not the Titan.

Here are a few pictures from this morning as the wife and I shoveled out. That's my daughters 4-Runner and neighbors Cherokee...which aren't going anywhere! My wife's Jeep is in for the time being as well!
that is amazing!! we dont get that much snow in the valley, 3 feet max here. your lucky. What kind of tires do you have on the Titan? and knock the snow off the plastic things behind the tires...i cant think of the word..lol. but yeah the 4x4 works amazing.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
V8 TITAN said:
as a matter of fact im leaving in about 1 hour to go to alta. we just had a monster storm a few days ago and im going to hit the slopes today. when were you at alta and how did you like it?
I used to go to Alta in the late 70s & early 80s. I was raised between Aspen & Snowmass at Aspen, but it seemed to me that Alta always had more & better snow.

example:

http://www.utah.com/ski/snow_report/

Alta report is 54 inches.

http://www.coloradoski.com/resorts/resort_detail.cfm?resortid=3

Ajax has 30 inches (15 of which only just fell in the last 2 days).

I also like the fact that Alta (like Aspen) has the old mining town history.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Bestatchess, I didn't know you were here Colorado! There are quite a few fellow Coloradoans here on TT. We need to coordinate a Titan meet! Think now would be the best time?!? Titan Meet in 2-3 foot of snow! :lol:

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
MileHighTitan said:
Bestatchess, I didn't know you were here Colorado! There are quite a few fellow Coloradoans here on TT. We need to coordinate a Titan meet! Think now would be the best time?!? Titan Meet in 2-3 foot of snow! :lol:
Good idea, the traffic on the highways is very light at the moment.

·
Registered
44 Posts
ugh... just finished round two of the shoveling... and its still snowing! Heard on the news that Denver International Airport (the 4th busiest in the country) will be closed until tomorrow afternoon! Man is that going to F%$# up some holiday plans. The ski area's are haiting this... all this fresh powder and nobody flying in or from the front range can get to them!

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I think Ill go home today and put on my best shorts and tee-shirt, grab the shovel, and shovel some dirt next to the driveway. That should kinda make me feel what its like to be you guys...LOL

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
TitanThunder said:
This morning on my way to the dealer went something like this.

Rain, freezing sleet, snow.
COOOLL...:frogtongu

·
Registered
44 Posts
I still have the OEM BFGs' although the next set will be the Goodyear SilentArmour Wranglers. I put some on the my wifes Jeep and they're great

·
Registered
372 Posts
Last snow I saw was in Feb on a trip to da UP! Had to take pictures of me pulling out my buddie's 2500! To be fair, we were actually on ice (look right in front of my tires) and nothing was gonna pull out the trailer, but I gave him a good ribbing anyway!

·
Registered
255 Posts
ptvolly said:
Last snow I saw was in Feb on a trip to da UP! Had to take pictures of me pulling out my buddie's 2500! To be fair, we were actually on ice (look right in front of my tires) and nothing was gonna pull out the trailer, but I gave him a good ribbing anyway!
UP as in Michigan? If so, us Michigandors need to get together!

Colin

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
MileHighTitan said:
I have heard a few of you complaining of no snow this year yet.
Well that would be me for sure!

I'm not sure what Old Man Winter has up his sleeve, but he sure has let down Upstate New York so far, hell, I have had less than 4" to date. So here I sit, with brand new tires, just wishing I was in Denver. :)

Enjoy the snow

·
Registered
372 Posts
TIGHTIN said:
UP as in Michigan? If so, us Michigandors need to get together!

Colin
Yup, that'd be Michigan! That was actually my 1st trip there, and probably my last...who knew snowmobiling could brake the bank!! Well, when you hit a tree stump at about 60mph, it gets pretty expensive! My friend who has the 2500 I'm pulling out goes up there several times a year and is looking to buy property even. I'm stuck in the Cincinnati area, wishing we'd get a good snowfall ourselves!
If today's rain would've been snow, it'd look like the orig thread posters area!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Snow is fun if all you have to do is play in it. My Titan gets to see it all. Last week all over western Idaho in a storm So far this week I have been in Telluride, Glenwood Springs and Aspen. My black truck is covered with thick brown ice with ugly ice hanging off the step rails. Tomorrow I drive back to Utah where we have lots of salt to put on the roads. Ya gotta love it eating away at my wheels and paint. Snow sux

The Western slope didn't get hit as hard as Denver.... maybe a foot new in Aspen.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts