Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm so stoked finally got me my first pair of "true slicks" these things are soft.. soft.. soft.. i can push the rubber in with my finger tips easily with no force at all.. No more drag radials for me!! will be testing these out soon next month on oct. 19th at HRP in baytown.. still got a few more mystery mods on the way as well stay tuned..

Tire dimensions are 28 X 11.50 X 16
Contact patch on 8" wheel will be 10" of tire htting the pavement which should be plenty..

If these don't grab nuthing will,lol I've seen 1,000hp cars/trucks use these so I'm sure it'll work with my measly 400 - 425 rwhp

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
When do you put on the wheely bars, lol. Those suckers should stick like gum to hot asphalt, wicked man, just wicked.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
konigfritz said:
Okay is the next mystery mod a parachute?
lol i'll never go fast nuff for a parachute.. and if i ever did go over 180mph i'd have to have 2 chutes,lol the chutes are lb. rated for whatever weight ur vehicle is.. think highest rated chute is something like 4,000-4500 lbs..
i whether just buy a big brake kit,lol that should be plenty to stop me.. even after adding a turbo setup i dont think my trap speeds will ever go over 125mph.. and a high performance brake kit shouldnt have a problem stopping this truck from those speeds..

·
Registered
603 Posts
I say it will be a f-16 masked as a Titan :gunz:

·
Registered
208 Posts
What drag radials were you using before? I've used BFGs at the track on my 11-sec Civic and they weren't that much better than regular performance tires. A friend with an 11-sec street legal Camaro uses M/T drag radials. He says his 60 ft times on the DRs are similar to his 60 fts on slicks. He likes the DRs because he doesn't need to change tires at the track anymore.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
silverkorn said:
if you can, fill them up with nitrogen rather then regular air.

and dont forget to properly heat cycle them to entend the life
heat cycle?? they shoulda already been heatcycled i thought?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Nice pavement glue!

For 400-420 RWHP you're mystery mods probably include NOS or Forced Induction.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
serturbo said:
What drag radials were you using before? I've used BFGs at the track on my 11-sec Civic and they weren't that much better than regular performance tires. A friend with an 11-sec street legal Camaro uses M/T drag radials. He says his 60 ft times on the DRs are similar to his 60 fts on slicks. He likes the DRs because he doesn't need to change tires at the track anymore.
i had the m&h racemasters with the 8.7" contact patch but imo these will be like night and day diffrence no way to compare a dragradial to a slick, two totally diffrent worlds.. slicks weigh maybe 10-12lbs each and the dragradials where like 24lbs each imo big big diffrence :)

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
oct 19th will be driving down to houston to go to HRP and drag race with some friends and hopefully some hemis show up.. :haveredfl
yea i'll be re-trying the 125 nitrous shot again, just need to get it fine tuned by uprev which might involve more dynotime and street tuning..
:gunz:

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
silverkorn said:
i wish nitrous was legal out here, then this wouldnt be a huge deal to install

do you have a single nozzle dumping into the intake tube before the TB or into the intak runners in the manifold?

just like this, hehe just a simple setup for now..

also ordered my new 16x8 rims today from jeg's i hope to god they fit,lol
titanss said his chevy 16's barely fit by less than 1/4 inch..

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just as a update these Ion Alloy series 171 wheels fit with ease on the back and I'm really impressed with the quality of them.. for 109.00 they are some of the best polished aluminum wheels ive ever seen, and i've owned like 6-8 sets so far.. no machining marks is smooth as chrome and just as bright as chrome too.. With them mounted on the rear thier is easily over 1/4 inch but less than 1/2" of space between the rim and the rear caliper.. Tommrow I will test fir them on the front, that way the 4x4 guys will have nother option for 16's if they desire..

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
silverkorn said:
pics please
of what?? i can take a pic of the slicks mounted if that's whatcha meant, but im not pulling off my rear 22's tommrow, such a pain im going to pull off the front cause i need to test fit the front to see if 16's will fit and if they do i'm defiantly going to order 2 more of these wheels for the front cause they are defiantly 10-15lbs easily lighter than the stock 18 se wheels..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts