Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been bit by that damn bug. I'd have a whole lot more done by now if it weren't for life getting in the way. Work/weather/family has been keeping me from doing more, but I finally got my mirror caps bedlined last night. Little scuff-n-clean, some Duplicolor bed coating, and they are looking good.

When I get time, I'm going to do my door handles, and plan on color matching the bumper(s) and grill. Wheels will go black, but I'm debating on using bedliner or just painting. I'm not sure if I want the texture on the wheels. Does anyone know if the Rustoleum bedliner is a smoother finish than the Duplicolor?

Also got a leveling kit to go on, but I'm waiting until the wheels are done and I mount my Maxxis Bighorns, so I can get it aligned and balanced all in the same trip.

Stay tuned for more mods (as soon as I get time!)...

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Good start.........

·
Registered
126 Posts
Never used DupliColor before, but the Rustoleum has a rough feel to it. Mirrors look good man, I want to do my BT mirrors here soon. All I've bedlined so far is the cowl and wiper arms. If you haven't done those yet, I would add it to your list. I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Don't use Duplicolor, use the Rustoleum it's better. Ditto on the cowl, I did mine months ago and it still looks like I just did it. And that's with the truck sitting outside in the FL sun.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
One done, four to go. LOL.

I installed the spare and am doing them one at a time due to my lack of free time and not having another vehicle to drive. My truck will just look ghetto for a bit. I figure, do one side at a time and no one will know the difference. Right? Hehehe.

I used Duplicolor engine enamel - gloss black over a few coats of filler primer. Damn curb rash.

Here it is back on the truck. With the right photo angle and a few strategically placed parked cars, it looks like they are all painted. :rockon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts