Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

New to this forum. I've searched for this info until my head is about to explode and have not found exactly what I'm after.

I have an 08/08.5 (not sure, how do you tell?) silver Dual cab Titan 4X2 with tow package. I think it's 08.5 as the front sits a little higher than most of the stock ones running around. It's a lease (that's why it's totaly stock) and I'm planning on buying it when lease is up in 5 months. I periodically tow a (3500lb dry) 17' toyhauler. I'm constanly getting stuck in the sand due to the POS Firestone Destinations I've currently got mounted and they wallow like no tire I've ever used before.

I am looking to level it out and mount some Nitto Trail Grabbers on the stock 18" OEM wheels (powdercoated black of course). I was thinking mini lift but I load and unload dirtbikes a lot and don't want to have to deal with too much additional height.

So, to the questions. I was thinking the 1.5" leveling kit from NCD or PGM or possibly going with Bilstiens leveling shocks all around. Open to suggestions. I also need to know what size tire I can sqeeze in there without additional lift and/or mods to the fenders etc. Am I looking at 285's, 275's.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, John

Sorry for the long winded thread.

·
Super Moderator
160,796 Posts
The 1.5" kit, or the Bilsteins in the front will accomplish leveling you out. They won't raise the rear though, so if you want to hike that back up and put some of the rake back in, you can add a 1" block. Under that, you won't have any problem at all with a 285/65/18 tire, or a 305/60/18. Both come out to just about the same diameter as the OEM tires of 265/70/18 size, they're just wider for a better footprint.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
If you do lift the front the Trail Grapplers or Toyo MT's both are available in a 33.6" diameter LT275/70R18, and the Toyo M/T's are also now available in a 34.1" LT285/70R18, but since you tow the 275s will rob less power since they are lighter and a little shorter, and less likely to change the way your torque convert locks up into overdrive when your not towing. I get this with my 34's where it hesitates to go into OD after reaching speed, but when I ran 33.5" tires, no issue.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies.

What is the prefered method of leveling front, Bilstiens or billet level kit? If Bilstien's leveling shocks up front, I would be adding Bilstien shocks on rear to keep damping balanced (if that makes sense).

How much wider would the 285/65-18 be over the stock 265/70-18? Sounds like this may be the way to go as I'd like to keep similar diameter to prevent need to re-cal speedo.

John

·
Super Moderator
160,796 Posts
2 centimeters bigger. A little less than an inch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts