Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow check out the gas mileage comparisons on a 4x4 non z71 22’ Chevy without cyl. deactivation compared to a Plat reserve 4x4..

There is a new gas hog in town….
Font Rectangle Material property Screenshot Parallel

Font Material property Parallel Document

·
Registered
2017 Nissan Titan S - Plain White
184 Posts
in the end its total cost of ownership over the time you own the vehicule... unless you are reaaaally looking to be an environmental firendly person.
fuel is part of the equation. the only reason I got the titan is because the tacoma(7% interest rate wtf) was costing me more on a 10 years timeframe. That includes fuel and all !!
really happy I took the time to calculate, as I really enjoy the titan overall.

·
Registered
534 Posts
It’s surely old tech, and it pains me to give GM credit for anything, but they make old tech super impressive!
Too bad they suck at new tech...
Remember this?
Why did the Oldsmobile diesel V8 fail?
The Oldsmobile diesel maintained the same 10-bolt pattern and head bolts as gasoline engines, so that common production tooling could be used for both the gasoline and diesel engines. In the field, this proved disastrous. Nearly triple the compression. What could possibly go wrong?
And if all of this isn’t bad enough, GM paired early Olds diesels with their THM-200 automatic transmission, a lightweight 3-speed initially intended for the Chevrolet Chevette. The THM200 wasn’t particularly robust to begin with, and mating it with the Olds diesel resulted in a race to see which of these two large and expensive components could fail first.
Yeah I, like you, am not a fan of GM.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts