Nissan Titan Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2019 SL 4x4
30 Posts
GM technology at it's finest, I had a 85 full size work pickup with the 4.8 vortec V6, that thing had an aluminum high rise intake manifold with a Rochester Quadrijet 4 barrel carb like it was some super high performance rig, a turbo 400 transmission that I believe takes some 35 horsepower just to turn, and I believe 2.93 gears. I had to pull a 14' trailer loaded with laundry equipment with that set up. A friend that used to make trips with me called it 'zippy the wonderslug.

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
I can chime in here as I just switched from 21' Pro4X to 22' Sierra 5.3. I bypass the cylinder deactivation with the Pulsar Device. That thing is badass BTW and highly recommend it. Doesn't void warranty either as it does not reprogram anything. It's just a bypass. Anyways, I just want all cylinder firing as normal and don't trust deactivation. With that said, my Titan was about 14mpg. My Sierra is about 15.6 mpg. So not a real difference but this is as good as a test as you can get I suppose as I just switched trucks. I love the Sierra but there were things I liked on Titan better. The seats are way more comfy in the Titan. The Titan has quieter cabit too. Sierra is very noisy. Thinking about taking it somewhere to sound proof it or whatever it's called. I only switched because I think Titan's are being discontinued and I actually made money trading it in, so just on a hunch/gamble pulled the trigger. Oh, the transmission skipping in the Titan was BS too. They will not fix it unless there's and official bulleting or whatever and for the 21' that is not issued yet. So that played a role in trading it in.

Hope this helps.

Sam
You can turn it off but the parts are still in there. Ram owners have lifters fail and that’s a $300+ repair bill. Unless I have zero other choices I won’t buy a vehicle with that crap in it. Even if Nissan stopped building the Titan you still could have had many good years with it.
Enjoy your new truck!

Clint

Reactions: busemans

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I think the Titan was rumored to have been discontinued in 2011??

And it seems like Oldsmobile is on the news for being discontinued yet they have come out with many new models..

I think this is somethin’ like dat’ furniture store going out of business liquidation sale this weekend yet they must have a chit’ load of furniture cause’ the sale has been happenin’ every weekend for the last 75 yearz…..

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Titan SV Midnight Edition
99 Posts
It would have been nice if Nissan made a v6 and a 4cyl with turbos. I do next to no towing, but haul constantly so the better gas mileage from a smaller engine while still having the capabilities and size of a full size would have been fantastic.

·
Registered
2017 titan sv 4x4 with tech, convinience, tow, navigation, and Texas packages
6,209 Posts
i think that depends on your driving speed. i test drove a few ecoboosts and the 5.0 f150 and if i was driving slow, like 65-70, they did get better, though not by much. but here in south texas, the highway speeds are generally 80mph and above. at the highway speeds here, the ecoboosts and the 5.0 only got 1-2mpg better than this full time 5.6 v8.

i thought about it and for the slightly better gas mileage, i was losing lots of useful power on the highway because when i would accelerate in the f150 to pass at 80mph, the f150 was kind of a dog. it took a long time to get around the vehicles i was trying to pass. my titan passes like a rocket at 80mph and above and since i have lots of roads that require passing here, i will stay with my trucks very slightly less gas mileage and super low payment and still have money to do other things.

all the ecoboosts are running around 800+ a month. even used ones. my truck is 499 a month and comes with more stuff than those trucks did because to get everything my truck has requires a high trim level and i am just not a fan of spending that much money on a vehicle. my house was 42k and i am not paying more for a truck than my house

and i love f150s. i have had a few. they were always super trucks

·
Registered
2017 titan sv 4x4 with tech, convinience, tow, navigation, and Texas packages
6,209 Posts
my father in law loves his f150 but he has the package that has the massaging chairs and all that junk in it. and he hardly drives it because he is almost 80. but he loves it and he does get 26-27 out of his here in town. he said if you set cruise at 72, you get super gas mileage so that is what he drives at.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts