Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yes or no. I’m probably getting it lifted 1.5 in the front and should I just stick to stock tire size and rims on a 2017 pro 4x? Just want some input help this is happening this weekend

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,673 Posts
i, personally, would stay with stock.

do you live off road or NEED bigger tires and wider rims? even when i had a huge lift on my jeeps, it turned out i never went off roading so it was all money going out the window to ride around town and look cool. i can look cool in my stock titan.

but, some people really do enjoy rims and tires and some look really good so its up to you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

do you live off road or NEED bigger tires and wider rims? even when i had a huge lift on my jeeps, it turned out i never went off roading so it was all money going out the window to ride around town and look cool. i can look cool in my stock titan.

but, some people really do enjoy rims and tires and some look really good so its up to you.
I kinda agree I’ve been having second thoughts about the leveling it’s 500 I could use in the account. And the stock rims aren’t bad

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,673 Posts
that's how i feel. stuff like that is nice but there are usually other things i can really use the money for

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
If your current shocks are in good shape, you can level it for about $100. That won't change your rims or tires, but it isn't $500. Now, whether or not you need it leveled is a different story entirely.

I finally lifted my Titan 3" in front and 2.5" in back last year (after owning it for nearly a decade). I did so because on my deer lease there are places where I continually scrub the skid plates and I decided it would be better to add some clearance so I could get around better. That's just me, though, and I spend a ton of time on the deer lease as it's my thing to do. I've lived with a saying for a long time from Scouting, "Hike your own hike." That applies in trucks, too. Do what meets your needs (either form or function) and be happy about it.

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
Yep. Applies to a lot of pursuits. Hike your own hike. Boat your own boat. Bike your own bike. Wife your own wife. I could go on.

Reactions: busemans

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’m new to all of it. I wanted a little more aggressive tire since where I hunt is gravel in spots and mud in the other. I’d rather just have the tires doing what I want but I couldn’t get any interaction for those questions. I’ve read that I could go 285 70 18 on my tires to have a little more tire without lifting. What are you thoughts on tire size to hike my hike. Great saying.

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
Sounds like you have a similar situation to me in terms of needing off-road capability. You could run 275/70r18 (the OEM size for the Pro4X, I think) and have plenty of tire, at 33" tall and 11" wide, roughly. You just need a better tread. Or you could bump up a little in width as long as you keep it around 33" on your factory rims. Pretty sure most shops will not mount anything wider than 305 (and some not even that) on what I'm guessing are 8" wide rims from the factory.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I kinda agree I’ve been having second thoughts about the leveling it’s 500 I could use in the account. And the stock rims aren’t bad
Sounds like you have a similar situation to me in terms of needing off-road capability. You could run 275/70r18 (the OEM size for the Pro4X, I think) and have plenty of tire, at 33" tall and 11" wide, roughly. You just need a better tread. Or you could bump up a little in width as long as you keep it around 33" on your factory rims. Pretty sure most shops will not mount anything wider than 305 (and some not even that) on what I'm guessing are 8" wide rims from the factory.
I saw some nitto ridge grapplers that were a huge step up from where I’m at. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
I've never run Nittos, but plenty of folks love them. I've had good service out of BFG TA KOs, but haven't run the KO2 so can't speak directly to those. I can say that I'm having a heck of a time with Cooper and D!ck Cepek (owned by Cooper) tires on three vehicles being out of round enough to have vibration. My Cepeks perform well off-road, but when they're gone, I won't buy anything made by Cooper again. Probably try a Toyo or Nitto when the time comes. My brother has had excellent service out fo Falken Wild Peak all-terrains (AT3W may be the designation?).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've never run Nittos, but plenty of folks love them. I've had good service out of BFG TA KOs, but haven't run the KO2 so can't speak directly to those. I can say that I'm having a heck of a time with Cooper and D!ck Cepek (owned by Cooper) tires on three vehicles being out of round enough to have vibration. My Cepeks perform well off-road, but when they're gone, I won't buy anything made by Cooper again. Probably try a Toyo or Nitto when the time comes. My brother has had excellent service out fo Falken Wild Peak all-terrains (AT3W may be the designation?).
That’s good info what I’ve read Toyo is a good tire and everyone seems to like the BFG’s. I have a lot to chew on.

·
Registered
2021 Titan Pro4x
366 Posts
My 08 had a 3” lift with BFG KO2s (305/70/18). I loved them for the first 20,000 miles. They wore perfectly and were a steal when I bought them compared to Nittos. That’s when they became loud and with all the highway driving I do, I regretted my decision. When I’m ready to upgrade tires on my 21 I’ll most likely go Nitto Ridge Grapplers.

·
Registered
2021 Titan Pro4x
366 Posts
I just sold that truck 2 months ago. Put the tires on my 08 about a year ago. I’ve got a buddy with a Ram with the ridge grapplers and he loves them. Another with a tundra with BIG ridge grapplers, he loves them. Tons of jeep guys love them.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,673 Posts
duratracs are nice also. i had them a on lifted jeep and the were not loud on the highway and worked well in mud and sand (all they have around me)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice. I’m gonna give them a try I think. This has been a ton of help. I went from doing something I didn’t really want to saving money and good tires thanks for all the help

1 - 17 of 17 Posts