Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, Brand new to the forum and a new Titan owner. Ive been lurking for awhile though lol. After buying my Titan, I am now forever a Titan fan. Man, I love these trucks :redblob"

I'm trying to get a leveling kit ASAP. Done alot of research on the PRG and NCD kits and can't really decide which brand. My main question is whether I need the 2" or 2.5 " kit to get a completely level vehicle. I don't want the rear sticking up anymore and I don't want the front to ride high after the lift.

Truck details are on my sig and if it helps, I plan on putting on a larger left in the future

Thanks everyone!!

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
2.5" PRG leveling kit, it might be a little more expensive than NCD but it comes with everything and the peace at mind; this will level your front to back

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
you have the 2wd, so you require the 2.5" spacer to level you out...the 2" is for the 4wd guys.
I have the NCD kit for my 4wd. You cant beat it....for $72(bump stops not included--PRG kit, they are, however you can save your money, and get the exact same bump stops @ pepboys for $12)

·
Super Moderator
161,702 Posts
2.5" will level you out pretty well. As for brand, I'm loyal to PRG but the only real difference is that PRG comes with a bump stop, NCD's kit doesn't. If you go NCD you can get the bump stop online at Autozone. I've seen them in stores, too, but it seems to be hit or miss.

Edit: A tad too slow, but basically the same as what the post above states. ;)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
thanks for the help guys! I will probably order the NCD, products specs are too close in comparison to shell out an extra $60 IMO. Plus, I have a buddy that manages the AutoZone down here so I know I can get the bumpstops!

619: I was reading your mods and was wondering where you got the Short Black Billet Antenna? All the ones Ive found look ridiculous!

EDIT: I have read some posts saying that if you have the 2.5 " kit you run the risk of "bottoming out" when you hit larger bumps, is this just pertaining to 4wd and the 2.5 kit?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
thanks for the help guys! I will probably order the NCD, products specs are too close in comparison to shell out an extra $60 IMO. Plus, I have a buddy that manages the AutoZone down here so I know I can get the bumpstops!

619: I was reading your mods and was wondering where you got the Short Black Billet Antenna? All the ones Ive found look ridiculous!
lol. I guess i ought to update that....
I had to do some frabrication---but it was busted off during installation of my vinyl. I have found it almoist impossible to find an ant. with female threads that would be a direct replacement. Alot of the aftermarket kits have thread adapters---but they are all male ends. It wouldnt be a big deal if nissan would have made the ant. base and threads two different parts--but they didnt.
I am in the works of replacing it. I will keep ya posted when i find another supplier.

Currently, I have my OEM ant. installed...but clipped it down to about 6"--no noticable loss of reception, then again, I dont listen to the radio much.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Im in the same boat...with a '06 2wd crew cab....not sure which to order just waiting on some more posts in this thread. The most i will tow will be a small fishing boat or a travel trailer. I plan on running 285's with stock rims....

·
Registered
230 Posts
How do they align them after the fact? It seems my tires are wearing on the outer edges after the install. It doesn't seem there is an adjustment on the upper or lower arm?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts