Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Titan SE, I would like to install a leveling kit. Just wondering if anyone could recommend a specific height to level my truck, and allow me to install either Pro Comp 275/65R18 or preferably Pro Comp 305/60R18. I want the front to be the same height as the back, so let me know if just a kit on the front would do, or do I need something on the back too? Also a recommendation on a kit would be great.

·
Premium Member
7,675 Posts
if your a 2wd get a 2 inch and if your 4wd get the 1.5 inch from here they are a site sponsor and have good customer service from what i hear.

PRG Products

·
Registered
19 Posts
Does installing a leveling kit have any disadvantages such as tire wear or warranty voids? Is it just for looks or does it benefit the truck? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
I haven't installed a leveling kit on my truck due to the number of people with leveling kits who have had front axle failures. A buddy of mine is a mechanic at the local Nissan dealership, and he told me that 90% of the Titans he sees in the shop with c-clip failures and broken front difs have leveling kits. You can read the front axle failer thread for yourself and see the number of people who have lifts and leveling kits and have had problems with the front dif. Also, lifting the front end will cause stuff like ball joints to wear out faster, and bigger tires puts more stress on the steering components. If you want to play, you gotta pay. I'm not saying that stuff will definitely go wrong...lots of guys have leveling kits with zero problems. But you still have to remember that things like leveling kits put added stress in the driveline, and some things will wear out and break more often.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I put a 2 inch block in mine and regret doing it.. You'd be better off to spend another hundred bucks and buy a set of bilstein 5100's which you can adjust up to 2.5 inchs... With mine I get really bad coil bucket contact and a horrible ride... Just my advice..

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Purchase PRG !

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks for all the info. I have a 2010 Pro4x that is only 2 weeks old. Id hate to have dif failures and problems on a brand new truck. Think i will leave it just the way she is. Thanks again!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts