Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2006 SE CC 2WD and am looking at leveling kits to go with new tires I need to purchase. From what I have read, I should be good with just getting the RC 3" kit, and be able to run 305/70-18 Dura Grapplers on stock wheels with no issues. (if this is wrong, please correct me!)

My biggest question deals with towing. I will be purchasing a Logic 170 (17') boat in a few months. Will I have any issues with towing after I install the RC 3" kit? If so, what are some other options within the same price range ($350) that would allow for better/safer towing capability?

Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Few questions, first off are you 2wd or 4wd? I'f you're 2wd you should be fine with the 3" spacer however there have been reports of CBC (coil bucket contact). If you're 4wd the tallest you can go is 1.5". Secondly, even with a 3" spacer, you will be pushing the limit with 35" (well 34.8") tires. You wont be able to have mud guards and you may have to do the pinch weld mod (search PWM on the top right search function for a write up on how to do this mod). Thirdly, I'm not too familiar with boats but I would be more concerned with the weight, not the size. The leveling kit will not affect towing, however if that boat plans on weighing more than what our trucks are rated for you may want to look into airbags for your suspension in the rear. And finally, you are more than welcome to spend a pretty penny on a name brand leveling kit (such as RC) but I feel I speak for the majority of the site that you do not need to. I personally purchased a 2.5" leveling kit from ebay from a supplier called "supreme suspension" and have 0 issues. Make sure the kit is billet aluminum and you should have 0 problems as well as saving $40-$50. I hope this helps!

·
Registered
897 Posts
I purchased a 2006 SE CC 2WD and am looking at leveling kits to go with new tires I need to purchase. From what I have read, I should be good with just getting the RC 3" kit, and be able to run 305/70-18 Dura Grapplers on stock wheels with no issues. (if this is wrong, please correct me!)

My biggest question deals with towing. I will be purchasing a Logic 170 (17') boat in a few months. Will I have any issues with towing after I install the RC 3" kit? If so, what are some other options within the same price range ($350) that would allow for better/safer towing capability?

Thanks in advance for the help!
I have an 2" PRG aluminum kit for cheap if you don't wanna go 3"

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First off, i appreciate the responses, especially with a beat to death subject.

I have the 2WD. The boat and trailer I think are well under 2000lbs, so I'm not worried about the weight. I was more concerned with throwing the "dynamics" of towing off by changing the stock stance of the truck.
I am currently running the stock 265/70-18 (32.6") tires. Since I need to purchase 3 new tires, I figured I would just go ahead and replace all 4 with the tallest tires I could with only a leveling kit. I'm really doing the leveling for aesthetics, but I want to make sure it is still functional for what I bought it for, towing. I looked into some of the cheaper leveling spacers, but got mixed reviews on whether I would need additional parts, such as UCAs, endlinks, etc. I was looking for simplicity of purchase by getting the RCs that included UCAs. Did you have to purchase any additional parts aside from the 2.5" spacers? What size tires are you running on yours?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
No additional parts for a 2.5" spacer and my 06 is completely level. Currently running 275/70-18 BFG ATs. But you can fit bigger. I just wasn't hellbent on getting the biggest tire I could stuffed into my wheel well. You might find it easier to run a 295/70-18 which is a 34.3" tire. It still might be a little big and might have to use your mud flaps but I'm not 100% sure on that. If you do get the 2.5" level you won't need UCAs. A 2.5" level from eBay will run you about $40-$50. Total.

·
Registered
62 Posts
So no CBC with a 2.5" spacer on a 06 4WD?

·
Registered
355 Posts
I tow a 5500lb 23' boat with my 4x4 and a 3" RC level/lift. No problems at all.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts