Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having trouble finding a leveling kit that will work with the Pro 4X. Can you point me to one?

Thx. David

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
The Pro4X is no different from the other 4wd models of 08.5-15 year model Titans. You can use any leveling kit of your choice up to 1.5" without needing aftermarket UCAs (except in rare cases) or you can swap to new UCAs and go up to as much as 3" (and correspondingly lift the rear so you don't have to drive uphill all the time...).

·
Registered
64 Posts
You might be able to just get some Bilstien 5100's and set the fronts to the highest perch. That's what I did with my SV and it's leveled perfectly.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have the 5100's middle perch on the struts and the shocks in back.
It still has a rake, but it's less noticeable and more trailer friendly.
They are gas filled so pretty tight but not uncomfortable. Corners better too.

·
Registered
64 Posts
How stiff is the ride?
When I put them on I did all four corners at the same time. The original shocks/struts had about 87k miles on them at the time and the Bilstein's were noticeably smoother than the stock parts at that point in their lifecycle. The only small complaint I have is that the small / sharp edge impacts are definitely stiffer than the stock setup (for example when expansion joints on the highway don't align properly). But over pretty much everything else I much prefer the Bilstein's as they feel better damped.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Good intel. I'm about to install 5100s up front and 5125s out back, and go up 3" front, 2.5" back. Hoping the ride improves. My OEM Ranchos were great for a while, but after about 60k, they developed a little instability every now and then. One just finally bit the dust on the front, as I have a near constant vibration from the front end anytime the road is not perfectly smooth. Have all the parts in (finally) and hope to get around to it sometime in the next week or two. Crazy busy this summer, unfortunately, despite all this pandemic craziness. I'm going to put the front on the middle setting and use a 2" lift spacer above the strut, as I think that will give me the best combo of lift and ride comfort/handling. But good to know if I find that too soft that the top notch isn't so harsh as to rattle fillings loose.

·
Registered
64 Posts
No definitely not that bad from my experience. I was concerned with that before install, but honestly it's been really quite nice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts