Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed a Daystar leveling kit and know it sounds like the whole front suspension is bottoming out. Shop told me the tie rods our woren. 47k on an 04' with no off-roading is probably unlikely. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
Just a thought but, Did you make sure to tie up the spindles to not hang freely while installing?? If not, you might want to check the axle boots for any type of leakage.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Just get rid of the day star leveling kit and put a prg leveling kit on there.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
That solution would get him nothing but a credit card bill to pay off. Granted, the Daystar is not a recommended kit, as it's poly, not billet, but if he's got bad shocks or tierods, the problem won't go away.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
Blackbeauty said:
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/1123450-post9.html

That's true. The spacer on top doesn't. The poly spacers between the spring and the strut do.
So sending it back and getting something like the PRG would resolve that issue if it is caused by preload, ehh?? :D

Greg mentioned too many problems with Daystars one of the times that I spoke to him over the phone. This kinda sounds like one of them to me.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
I suppose... But 47k on stock shocks is about 20k past their life expectancy.... Good to check them out.

·
Registered
674 Posts
No to get off topic or anything but what is a good replacement shock....with out going aftermarket coil overs....is there a stock replacement.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Probably be better off with the Bilstein replacements.

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
Bilstein.. Rancho is pretty good too but I've heard a ton of good about the Bilsteins.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Bilstein is probably going to be the best shock/strut replacement right now for the money. They are much better then the Rancho junk and as smooth as the stock shocks.

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
Greg has Donahoe and Bilstein. I think it's the entire Coilover so it's just plug & play instead of having to mess w/ spring compressors.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts