Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wandering what ya'll think about a leveling kit. is it worth it? can it hurt my truck or not? what kind of kit is the best?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I bought the PRG 2" level kit for my '06 4x4 CC and love the way it looks. I've had no problems at all with it. The truck looks much better!!

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
What are you trying to do? Install bigger wheels? Gain more clearance? Make the front match the back? Is it 2 or 4 wheel drive? Year model? Need a lot more info man. Do a thread search at the top of the page for leveling kits. Trust me, there's a ton of info out there already. Welcome to TT by the way. Stop by the new members and introduce yourself.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I got the Ebay special $70 and worth it. I was shooting for a better look - bring the front up to match the back.

Truck looks alot better with it
Truck can have bigger tires with it
You get a better knowledge of your truck when installing

Only thing that changed was steering - seems different, but I can't explain how. It isn't bad though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replys.

Scottsize: I have a 2008 SE 4WD..I'm looking for a better look, i don't do too much off roading exept to head out on the beach about 10times a year and i hunt alot. the clearence would be nice but I'm not hurting for it either

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
Thanks for the replys.

Scottsize: I have a 2008 SE 4WD..I'm looking for a better look, i don't do too much off roading exept to head out on the beach about 10times a year and i hunt alot. the clearence would be nice but I'm not hurting for it either
Based on that, i'd say leveling kit. I have a 4X4, so my truck sat up higher to begin with. I added the 1.5" spacer on the front struts and it now sits level. I love the look, but didn't want to "Jack-up" the truck. I also installed 305/55's, but they suck on MPG, so keep that in mind.

After PRG, but before tires:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
get a 1.5" leveling kit from PRG, it comes with everything. the biggest size without rubbing on stock wheels is a 325/60/18 or 275/70/18 might be some others

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
the "rake" isn't as pronounced on the 08's and up as on previous years, none the less still there though. I would certainly go w/ PRG. If you have some xtra $$, I would consider going with Bilstein struts while your in there adding the level kit.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Level it for sure. Looks better IMO!! I have the same as Scottysize. 1.5" PRG with 305/55 R20 Wouldn't go back for a second!

·
Registered
37 Posts
With the PRG leveling kit, can you fit 35x12.5's? My truck's suspension is currently stock, but I've got 20x9 Devino wheels with 33/12.5 Toyo M/Ts right now with no rub. Want to go to 35's though.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
its better if you get the bilsten shocks , they level the truck and work great, wayy better than those ranchos...

·
Registered
221 Posts
The more level it is the better it looks I think.

Not trying to hyjack but I have a 2010 4x4 and at time say it is level and does not need it and others I think it does.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
35 Posts
after this, would a 1.5" front leveling kit on a PRO4-X make the front end higher since i see the pro4's dont rake as bad as normal 4x4's? i just dont want the front to sit higher than the rear. i found a 1.5 leveling kit front only, but do not want to purchase this if it is too high. thanks.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
after this, would a 1.5" front leveling kit on a PRO4-X make the front end higher since i see the pro4's dont rake as bad as normal 4x4's? i just dont want the front to sit higher than the rear. i found a 1.5 leveling kit front only, but do not want to purchase this if it is too high. thanks.
perfect size, shouldnt make any contact and will help level it, and wont have the raked look on the rear and the front

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I recently upgraded to 24s and am removing my leveling kit and adding rear drop shackles. I am selling my kit. All hardware included. It is the 2" NCD spacer intended for the 4WD T. I have had it installed about 4 months, so it is in like new condition. $60 shipped.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Thats a good price, someone should jump on that!

My flebay was $72 shipped.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Once I get my Titan I may be hitting you up for them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 1.5" PRG Spacer on my 08 PRO 4 and love the look, definitely not too high, I actually think it still maintains a bit of rake. Smaller than I had pictured in my mind but if you go higher you will hurt ride quality. Rides fine with my stock Ranchos but Greg recommends adding the Bilstien HD's with this setup if you want a better ride. Lots of posts on this topic, look into the 5100 posts under suspension forum. Someone said you can fit 35's with this but I don't think they would even be close to fitting w/o lot more trimming than I would want to do, but the room in the well with the 33's looks pretty aggresive in my opinion. I say do it!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts