Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey whats up guys .. new to the forum .. names derrick and im from bakersfield .
i just picked me up a 07 nissan titan kingcab 2wd i know i wish it was 4wd but for the reason buying i had to get it ... but my question is .. what levelingkit to get i want to put 18in rockstars with 33in tire .. i been lookin around and i see people doing just 2in in the front and they are good .. but then i see people doing 2.5 in the front and 1.5 in the back .. what is the difference .. ??? do i need to change shocks ???and if if anyone is running this set up i would really like to see pics so i can get an idea of what it would look like . thanks .. and sry for the question cause i know you guys probably hear it alot .. but im new to the titan .. and just want it done right ...

·
Registered
781 Posts
try doinf a search but the 2.5 is for 4x2 and 2.0 for 4x4 its what makes them level. the 2.0 will work on the 4x2 but the 2.5 wont on the 4x4 b/c of coil bucket clearence

·
Super Moderator
160,771 Posts
As mentioned, the 2.5" kit will level you out on your year model 4x2. If you add anything to the back, you'll just be making the back sit more like the factory stance, with the front still lower. The OEM tires that came on the truck are a 33" tire, so that won't be an issue at all. You won't need new shocks for the front, as the spacer sits on top of the whole shock tower. You won't need rear shocks as long as you don't go any more than a 1" block back there, should you chose to go that route. As for what kit, any of the solid billet spacers are fine. PRG and NCD are a couple of the most popular. The PRG kit will include the bump stops you'll need, the NCD won't, but you can get them at Autozone for about $15 or so.

I did a 2.5" front and 1" rear because I tow. I'll deal with the back being 1" higher unloaded so that it doesn't sag hugely when loaded.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
As mentioned, the 2.5" kit will level you out on your year model 4x2. If you add anything to the back, you'll just be making the back sit more like the factory stance, with the front still lower. The OEM tires that came on the truck are a 33" tire, so that won't be an issue at all. You won't need new shocks for the front, as the spacer sits on top of the whole shock tower. You won't need rear shocks as long as you don't go any more than a 1" block back there, should you chose to go that route. As for what kit, any of the solid billet spacers are fine. PRG and NCD are a couple of the most popular. The PRG kit will include the bump stops you'll need, the NCD won't, but you can get them at Autozone for about $15 or so.

I did a 2.5" front and 1" rear because I tow. I'll deal with the back being 1" higher unloaded so that it doesn't sag hugely when loaded.
I agree 100% with everything you said except i Would recommend the new shocks unless they already have a good aftermarket shock installed. The reason i say this, is the factory shocks are pure junk from the get go and once you add your spacer you will likely blow the factory junk if its not already done. Bought my truck brand new and added a 2" spacer with factory shocks. They didn't make it 10,000 miles after the spacer install is why i say this. Of course this was my truck and an '04 4X4 so results may vary. Good luck and welcome to the Titan family.

·
Super Moderator
160,771 Posts
An NCD or PRG level kit will not cause early failure of the front shocks. Yours were going to go out in that amount of time no matter what apparently, so you can chalk it up to coincidence, but you can't blame it on the spacer.

That wasn't true of the old Daystar kits that added preload to the spring, but even they saw the light and quit making them like that. Now theirs is a simple spacer on top of the coil unit, same as others.

Reactions: sleepertrk

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
Just remember to replace the stock bump stop with a taller aftermarket one. If you dont then you will have shock failure.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for all the feedback but i think i am going to go with the 2.5 for the front and i think with the bilsteins 5100s and then the 1in for the back .. with me doing that would i be level or no? cause i seen that if i put shocks in the front that it would lift it up an in.. so would it be like putting 3.5in in the front and 1in in the back???and for the rims im going to go rockstars do they make 18x 10?? or just 18 x 9 ?? and what tires do you guys run i was thinking some 33in allteraain tires..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
and where can i get the bump stops at??? thanks

·
Registered
984 Posts
and where can i get the bump stops at??? thanks
I bought mine from autozone.

"
Autozone has a pair of 2 for $20 and you can have them shipped to your door or the nearest store location....

Part Number: 9.9101R
Weight: 0.6 lbs
Type: Stud
Color: Red
Mounting: Stud
Position: Front, rear
Shape: Cone
Mount Diameter: 2 in
Shipping Information: Overnight and Two Day shipping are not available for PO Box, APO/FPO/DPO or US Territory addresses."

·
Super Moderator
160,771 Posts
The 2.5" recommendation for your truck is to prevent coil bucket/UCA contact on droop. A spacer for 2.5" in the front and the 5100s are going to lift you about 3" in the front so it's likely you'll get just that. Do a 2" spacer, and the 5100s on their lowest setting to stay at the 2.5".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts