Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering a leveling kit for my 07 OR LE. My truck is stock and will probably remain mostly stock for as long as I own it, as far as looks. I do want to add a little height to it, but I do not want a big lift kit. I do like the look of the stock 17" OR rims, and do not want to upgrade to bigger tires and rims. Not to offend anyone, but I have yet to find an aftermarket set of rims that I think look as good. I know stock is kinda plain, but I like it. My question is, what can be gained from the leveling kit? What exactly do they offer besides looks? What are the downsides? Will Nissan be able to void any warranty work due to the leveling kit? I am looking at the PRG kit. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
59,070 Posts
They don't offer anything besides looks. The downside is it limits the upward travel of you front suspension.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
It does nothing to devalue or void the warranty. It's merely a spacer that puts the truck body more level to eliminate the "rake". As was said, if you go offroad, it will affect performance as far as suspension travel, but on the road, you will notice little if any difference.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I just did the NCD 2" front kit (about 2 1/4" of lift)

The good is that it looks non-stock and got rid of the low front end rake. I already had a add-a-leaf helper spring in the rear (which lifted the rear about 1.5"), so I still have it a little higher in the back (which is what I wanted). I believe my front fender is at 38.5" off the ground and rear is 40.25". You can get the PRG mini-lift which accomplishes the same as I have (1" or 1.5" rear spacer lift).
It helped shift more weight towards the rear of the truck...which ultimately helps with handling and traction while in 2wd. I've noticed an improvement in the way my truck handles's...well sort of...which brings me to the downside of the lift
First my front stock Rancho's (o/R pkg) have been riding a little rough. As soon as I put the spacer in and drove like 5 miles my passenger one blew out. The ride is a little stiffer with the spacer, but I'm 99.9% sure my front shocks are bad at 18k miles which accounts for my diminished ride quality (and i know one is gone, so I'm sure they have alot to do with it).
My local dealer said they would cover the blown shock under the 3yr/26k mile warranty, but since I had the spacer my warranty on them was gone. Not too big of a deal though, as it was a damn good excuse for me to order a set of Bilsteins.

I believe the front lifts come in 1.3", 2", 2.5" and 3". Anything over 1.3" and there's a chance the upper control arm will contact the spring bucket at full suspension drop. Most people have had contact with the 2"/2.5" and up spacer while some didn't. I haven't tested mine out, but when I was installing it I'm pretty sure mine will contact just a hair with the 2" lift spacer.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I was planning on doing this as well.

I talked to a local off road shop and they quoted $415 for 2" including install/alignment.

Seems like a good deal.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Wow! That seems like a lot for this mod.... It took less than an hour to do it on my truck. I guess if you have no tools or a place to do it, that's your only choice. Maybe you can contact someone local to you who can help you do it? Would save you a ton of money.

·
Premium Member
59,070 Posts
I installed in my garage in two or three hours. If you are mechanically inclined and have the tools I would recommend doing it yourself. I installed the NCD kit as I didn't see any difference between it and the PRG kit other than the customer service. I'm told Greg has excellent service and if you call he's great to deal with. If you are unsure of yourself, that may be the better thing to do. The NCD instructions are kind of vague.

Remember that bumpstops are very important and that a front end alignment is needed after the install.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Blackbeauty said:
Wow! That seems like a lot for this mod.... It took less than an hour to do it on my truck. I guess if you have no tools or a place to do it, that's your only choice. Maybe you can contact someone local to you who can help you do it? Would save you a ton of money.
Yup, I don't have the tools or know anyone for that matter (that I would trust to not mess it up :p)

For me 415 is better than the 597, 600, and 395 and having to get aligned after on my own.

·
Registered
188 Posts
It is very easy to do-it-yourself. The main things needed are a jack, jack stands, torque wrench, metric sockets and something to use as a pry bar (helps hod the upper control arm in place). It helps having someone to hold the spindle (so you don't over extend your brake lines) when you disconnect it.

If you DIY it you are probably spending $90-$150 for the spacer and most alignemnt shops charge $50-70 for an alignemnt; so a total of $140-$220 and a little of your time.
The difference between NCD and PRG is, like above, customer service and the PRG kit includes new bumpstops. Other than that, the NCD/PRG spacer are the same...well and the price difference ($90 shipped for 2" NCD, $169 shipped).

Since I'm going to have to put my new Bilsteins in as soon as I get them sometime around the end of this week...I'll try to remember to take pictures.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Blackbeauty said:
It does nothing to devalue or void the warranty. It's merely a spacer that puts the truck body more level to eliminate the "rake". As was said, if you go offroad, it will affect performance as far as suspension travel, but on the road, you will notice little if any difference.

LOL I wouldn't be too sure about that, Nissan Voided my warranty because of the leveling kit, claiming it tweaked the angle of the driveline which caused my driveshaft to hit the undercarriage.

I would doublecheck with your dealership before putting anything on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts