Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Yep good price, they are also a sponsor here!

·
Premium Member
31,979 Posts
jiggadog said:
only an extra $55 for 1.5" lift for the rear as well. anybody familiar with these kits? seems like a great price.
I have their 2.5" spacers. They seem to do their job of holding the front of my truck up. I never get any of that dreaded coil bucket noise. It is not the easiest kit to install, but the price is almost worth the extra work.:D

·
Registered
147 Posts
blavis said:
I have their 2.5" spacers. They seem to do their job of holding the front of my truck up. I never get any of that dreaded coil bucket noise. It is not the easiest kit to install, but the price is almost worth the extra work.:D
What makes it "not the easiest kit to install"? Is this something that I can do in my driveway with a floor jack and air tools? I've never done any kind of suspension work before but would really like to add a leveling kit. And the price sure seems right. Do you have any pictures or install instructions that you could post?

·
Super Moderator
162,263 Posts
Yes, you can do it yourself. It'll take you a few hours, but it's not hard. The air tools will speed the disassembly, but you'll torque wrench everything down putting it back in place. Mine took a little over four hours completely by myself. I didn't get in a hurry with it. Just took my time to make sure I did it all correctly the first time.

Edit: As for pics, any you find for any of the level kits would be helpful. It's the same process.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Here is a general idea of the tools you would want to have handy before starting installation of the leveling kit:

22mm shallow socket (remove wheels)
17mm wrench
19mm wrench
12mm deep socket
14mm deep socket
needle nose pliers
19mm shallow socket 1/2" drive
1/2" drive ratchet
3/8" drive ratchet
1/2" drive 3" extention
2 lb hammer (to knock upper a arm pin loose
torque wrench
7/8" socket (may be a metric one better.. used on the ball joint nut)
string ~2 feet
hydraulic floor jack
jack stands
coordless drill
3/8" Drill bit

I've heard of people having it done in as little as 1 hour or as long as 5 hours.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
will that kit work on the 2008 titans? ans also if i get this kit does it come with a complete and descriptive set of instructuions?

·
Registered
781 Posts
will it kit the coil buckets with a 4x4 or will i need bumpstops ?

·
Registered
168 Posts
srbutz said:
will that kit work on the 2008 titans? ans also if i get this kit does it come with a complete and descriptive set of instructuions?
I dont know if itll fit an 08. but about the instructions, it does comes with instructions but there not as descriptive, when i instaled mine i used a thread at CT, i would post the link to the thread but for some reason it wont let me, just go to CT and look under the HOW TO forum its there.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Also wondering if it fits the 08's since my buddy wants to get a leveling kit. I know that the 08's have a more level stance and people seem to be using a 1.3'' kit to level 08's out.

·
Super Moderator
162,263 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,979 Posts
Brianyzf said:
What makes it "not the easiest kit to install"? Is this something that I can do in my driveway with a floor jack and air tools? I've never done any kind of suspension work before but would really like to add a leveling kit. And the price sure seems right. Do you have any pictures or install instructions that you could post?
This kit has pressed in studs on top instead of threaded holes. It is not a huge deal, but it does require a little bit more prying. Like Top Gunz said above. It can be done fairly quickly. It took me about 30 minutes in a fully equipped shop with a lift and air tools. The alignment took another 15 or 20 minutes.

·
Registered
674 Posts
blavis said:
This kit has pressed in studs on top instead of threaded holes. It is not a huge deal, but it does require a little bit more prying. Like Top Gunz said above. It can be done fairly quickly. It took me about 30 minutes in a fully equipped shop with a lift and air tools. The alignment took another 15 or 20 minutes.
I belive you have to remove the exact same amount of parts to install the Top gunz as you do any other bolt in kit....I cant see where it would take anylonger...I have the 2.5 Top Gunz kit and love it. I did get the taller bump stops from a local shop here...I have hit the buckets only twice in the past 6 months. And every truck that adds the spacers will have to be aligned at the shop.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If I buy this kit from Top Gunz, will I have to buy new cams/bolts for the lower arms like some others have done with the PRG kit?

Thanks,
Mcgruff :gunz:

·
Registered
85 Posts
I just my front leveling kit from topguncustomz.com in the mail today can't wait to put it on. I do thik I'll get the rear 1.5 inch for $55 also if the front works well. I was going to ask tonight on this site if anyone has put this on but I see now yes people like it. JW

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
I just checked, and this kit will fit the 2008 Titans. The kit comes with everything you need to install it, but you will need to have an alignment done afterwards.

·
Registered
212 Posts
is there a website that will give me any information as to what exactly a leveling kit does for a truck?

is it the poor man's way of giving a truck a lift?

do you just do it on the front or do you put them both on the front and rear to add more room for bigger tires?

I am kind of lost on the real necessity of a leveling kit..................

1 - 20 of 22 Posts