Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I've been searching and reading all post in regards to lift and level kits. I have an 2008 KC 2wd. I've read that some people say that a 2.5" is fine and some say that is too much. Then I see that some people are recommending a 3" RC and alot of people saying that it is a horrible set up. So to get a good lift and level what would you all suggest? I want a good stance and good tire clearance for maybe some 33s. Would a 2.5"/1.5" PRG be too much for my '08 2wd?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Alright I've been searching and reading all post in regards to lift and level kits. I have an 2008 KC 2wd. I've read that some people say that a 2.5" is fine and some say that is too much. Then I see that some people are recommending a 3" RC and alot of people saying that it is a horrible set up. So to get a good lift and level what would you all suggest? I want a good stance and good tire clearance for maybe some 33s. Would a 2.5"/1.5" PRG be too much for my '08 2wd?
Why lift a 2WD truck? I've never really understood this. Is it just for looks?

·
Registered
14,164 Posts
GET THIS!!

PRG Products

I think 2.5 would be good since your 2wd, they have a lower stance than 4wd trucks. so you need the extra lift to level it out. imo.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I would start with a 2" spacer and leave the rear for now. I "think" on the 08 and newer models you will run into coil bucket interference if you run a 2.5" spacer.

You should be able to clear 33"s with a 2" spacer and stock height rear.

·
Registered
745 Posts
If you have the money, the rough COuntry kit with the A arms is a good deal, will ride great, no noise and pretty easy to put on. Will give you 3 inches up front...

If you trying to be a bit more strict with cash, go with the PRG kit that is just 2.5" and comes with bump stops. THey look fine, but you run the risk of getting a little control arm contact when the suspension fully flexs.

Look around in the buy/sell forum and you can find the spacers for the front for pretty cheap. Then just goto Autozone and get a set of Energy Suspension bumpstops which is part # 9.9101R, just go up to the cashier and tell them the part # and they will probably have to order them. Dont have them search for your truck cause it will not come up, the part is a universal bumpstop. They are like $18 for the set.

You can easily clear a 33" tire with just the lvl kit, I got the biggest possible tire on mine and they do not rub. its ewqual to a 33x13.50-18 tire and looks great. No rubbing, no pinch weld mod.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Not really lift. I don't want it 6" high. Just an extra step, allowing for more wheel clearance and a level appearance.
Understood. I wasn't trying to be a ****, btw... I'm coming from a vehicle (FJ Cruiser) where we lifted them to shove larger tires under them and to improve ground clearance for running trails, scrambling across rocks, etc.

Good luck with your project. :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have the 2wd with the 2.5 leveling and it looks great, drives great and gives you plenty of clearance for the 33's. I have 285/70/17 on mine which are essentially 33' and it looks good. The terra grapplers look nice on mine with their aggressive look too and are a great on and off road tire.

Merc

·
Registered
320 Posts
In the rear you should be ok with 285/70 17 tires (aprox 33" tires). This size is oem for the offroad edition and comes without additional lift. The back and fromt may have a bit more ground clearance than a 2wd but not much. The rear should be able to clear 33"s easily

1 - 10 of 10 Posts