Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may have been asked already but I couldn't find a previous thread. I'm about to install the billstein 5100's and was questioning whether I needed to do anything else for the job to be complete. I was looking to see if there is any issues after installation that I could take care of before they pop up or is this just a bolt up and go procedure. Also which setting levels the truck the middle or top setting? Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
What year is your truck and is it 2wd or 4? You shouldn't need anything else when installing the shocks aside from the tools needed for the job. Just bolt in and go! On the lowest setting they are supposed to give about .5". Middle is about 1" and top is supposed to be 1.5" I believe. The shocks alone will not level your truck.

·
Super Moderator
161,475 Posts
You'll need an alignment.

Top setting 2.5", bottom .5", so split the difference on the middle setting being at 1.5".

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Wow is it really that much with the 5100s??

·
Registered
15 Posts
Make sure u search this forum for 5100 install.......u have to use some of ur old strut hardware...top hat and such....i had a shop compress my springs and put the new strut on them...used the new hardware and had the shock shoot thru the top of the coil bucket. if ur guna do it ur self...rent two spring compressors and be careful.......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts