Nissan Titan Forum banner

1001 - 1020 of 1042 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
The passenger side UCA was touching the lip of the coil bucket at full droop when I put them on, but just barely, I ground the lip down bout 1/8" to make sure it didn't hit or touch at all.
Thank you for that :smile:

did you find anything else wrong with the RC`s? or did they do the job for a few years?

I`m just looking for more room for the 305/50/20`s on 20x9 with -12 offset. with the added weight of the SC dropped the nose just a bit.
I`m also carrying more weight in the bed.

so my plan is.

going to use fender flares to protect the body.

with that:
a 2" spacer
new UCA`s ( it may or may not be necc, but might as well just do it.)
camber bolts.

reinstall the factory rear shackles to bring the back end up back to stock.
then if it needs any block to maintain the level appearance I can measure from there.

your comments are always appreciated!:cheers:

·
Registered
8,173 Posts
Yeah the RC's were fine, bought them lightly used from another member, ran them for about 3 years, sold them to another member, still in use as far as I know. I just wanted to upgrade to the DK's. You mention cam bolts too, oddly enough, I only needed them one one side to get the alignment into specs. I also changed my rear blocks twice, started with a 2" which raised the backa little too much, I also had a pretty bad vibration with them.Dropped it back down to a 1.5" and that put me perfectly level and the vibration disappeared.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok, So here I go......
I'm a newb here and have read a lot of the previous threads on this subject.
My plan is to go with a 3" front spacer and 2" block for the rear. Going with Bilstiens front and rear and then will be doing the uca's and new sways.
WHAT will I be missing or needing additional for this to happen and be correct??

·
Registered
8,173 Posts
Bilstein's will need to be on the bottom setting, I would get some extended bump stops for the front (supreme suspensiong 9-9101G or something like that) might need some adjustable cam bolts for your alignment, I would also suggest Bilstein 5125's for the rear vs the 5100's which will pretty much be maxed out with the 2" rear block. Might also need a drive shaft spacer with the rear 2" block. What UCA's are you going with?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bilstein's will need to be on the bottom setting, I would get some extended bump stops for the front (supreme suspensiong 9-9101G or something like that) might need some adjustable cam bolts for your alignment, I would also suggest Bilstein 5125's for the rear vs the 5100's which will pretty much be maxed out with the 2" rear block. Might also need a drive shaft spacer with the rear 2" block. What UCA's are you going with?
Right now I'm leaning towards the Rough Countrys....

·
Registered
8,173 Posts
One thing I would suggest with the RC's if you are buying their leveling kit with the supplied spacer you will be fine,however if you are getting a spacer from a different supplier I would go with a 2.5" spacer. The RC 3" kit is actually a 2.5" spacer. The RC arms will not clear a real 3" spacer.

·
Registered
62 Posts
What would you all recommend if I want 2" lift up front? I plan on getting bilsteins either way, so 2" lift spacers and bilsteins on bottom perch or just bilsteins alone on top perch setting?

·
Registered
918 Posts
When I did my bilstein on the mid perch (now this was a truck with 5k on it) I got about 1.5" out them in the front and sit 1" higher in the back with a 1" block. Still at 16k I sit at 38.5" in the front and 39.5" in the back to the top of the fenders. I guess it would depend on the age of the springs. I like the ride of the bilsteins on mid perch and can't speak of how they are on the lowest setting. You could buy the spacer and try it. Just make sure the spacer isn't actually 2" wide that will be like 2.5" of lift.

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
When I did my bilstein on the mid perch (now this was a truck with 5k on it) I got about 1.5" out them in the front and sit 1" higher in the back with a 1" block. Still at 16k I sit at 38.5" in the front and 39.5" in the back to the top of the fenders. I guess it would depend on the age of the springs. I like the ride of the bilsteins on mid perch and can't speak of how they are on the lowest setting. You could buy the spacer and try it. Just make sure the spacer isn't actually 2" wide that will be like 2.5" of lift.
what style 5100's? the Gen 1 5100's provide 1.5 on middle setting, .5 on bottom setting and 2.5 on top.

Lowest setting is stock ride just a bit better control. I also think middle setting is perfect, sporty without being harsh.

a 2" would be 3.2" lift :big_grin: 2x1.6:nerd:

·
Registered
918 Posts
The 5100's were bought and installed about a year ago. I read all the info on them and assumed I would only get an 1 inch, but I got a solid 1.5". So I would also assume they were 2nd Gen because of the age, unless amazon was sitting on an old set. I thought it was just because my springs hadn't started to sag yet. I don't get any CBC and I've had it through some pretty rugged terrain at my cabin.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Has anyone put the loaded suspension from Rancho on they're Titan and then put in the leveling blocks on top of the loaded suspension. I already have the aftermarket upper control arm. Was wondering if it will work without causing major damage to the front end????

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well here is the pic of the truck leveled out 1.5" spacers and 5100's all around. Front set on middle perch. 275/70/18 duratracs. Next on the list is new tint which should get done next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2012 sv 4x4. I just ordered a 2 inch spacer. So this won't work ? I would like to know before I pay someone to install it and ruin my truck. I thought 2 inch for 4x4 an 1.5 for pro4x

·
Registered
8,173 Posts
2" for a 2wd, 1.5" for 4wd, you will get contact with that spacer, no bueno...1st page of this thread gives you the rundown on what works

·
Registered
22 Posts
So the $3x.xx eBay spacers are safe to use as long as they are billet? I thought there was something wrong with my truck when i bought it (a week ago). Wasn't aware of the rake issue before I bought it.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Lowering the rear works too. Replaced the factory junk shackles with PRG adjustable drop shackles, and my '14 4x4 sits almost perfect level...didn't have to worry about coil bucket contact, or changing the geometry of the front suspension at all. just an option to take the guess work out of what will/wont work.

·
Registered
8,173 Posts
So the $3x.xx eBay spacers are safe to use as long as they are billet? I thought there was something wrong with my truck when i bought it (a week ago). Wasn't aware of the rake issue before I bought it.
Nope, mine have been on for 6 years, zero issues, just make sure you get the right size...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hmm, decisions decisions. Lowering the rear would work too as it would make it easier to load/unload stuff, mainly my 68 pound kayak. I'll probably end up lifting the front since its much cheaper and the truck needs aligned anyway. Im soon purchasing headers,exhaust and uprev so the wallet will be taking a hit from that purchase.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I really wished I read this thread before I asked locally . I ordered a RC 2'' spacer to level out my 2013 CC 4x4. If I keep them I will need to order their UCA and chamber bolts also.
The guy from RC advised me that I should be fine and they never heard of their 2'' spacers causing CBC. I will send these back and get 1.5 spacers.

1001 - 1020 of 1042 Posts
About this Discussion
1K Replies
218 Participants
Edwin_Rodriguez
Nissan Titan Forum
Nissan Titan Talk Forum is a community for truck owners to discuss the Titan Cummins, Warrior, Midnight Edition and more!
Full Forum Listing