Nissan Titan Forum banner

1061 - 1080 of 1094 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Titan pro 4X
18 Posts
I JUST BOUGHT A 2019 PRO-4X AND I WILL LIKE TO LEVEL IT , DID THIS VEHICLE ALREADY HIGH OR I CAN INSTALLED THE SPACERS?

·
Registered
19 Posts
so, i'm still a bit confused after reading a fair amount of info. I'm only looking to improve my rake a little for leveling. any improvement is better than none, since i have an '04. i'd like to add a prebuilt strut assembly with the '08 springs but can't swing $500 a pair for the 5100's. that sent me looking for something like this: 2008 NISSAN TITAN Gabriel Ultra ReadyMount Struts G57092
every strut assembly i come across mentions it's for model years 04-15 4x4 without off road package, though the one above lists the pro4x as an application. that has me questioning which spring height is actually in the assembly? all the customer service reps aren't very knowledgeable about the products being sold. so, are all 04-07's getting an extra inch out of these or are the 08-15's losing an inch?

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Use the bilstein 4600, that’s what I did. No need for the 5100 and less expensive. Don’t buy assembled, usually get a lower quality product. Buy springs separately and install on shock yourself or have a shop do it for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just put the 2” leveling kit from supreme suspension on my 19 pro 4x this past weekend seems to be good to go so far.
Did you have any alignment issues after install? I have a 2018 pro 4x that I’m looking to level with spacers. However I hear that the 5100’s that fit the 1st gen titans will also fit second gens.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did you have any alignment issues after install? I have a 2018 pro 4x that I’m looking to level with spacers. However I hear that the 5100’s that fit the 1st gen titans will also fit second gens.
No I didn’t I got it aligned a day or two after I put the spacers on. I’ve put around 3000 miles on it since and everything seems to be good to go haven’t had any issues

·
Registered
2013, 2017 Nissan Titan sv 4x4
11 Posts
My 2017 Titan SV 4x4 with PRG 1.5 kit from Greg. No issues and hitting. Easy install too.
20191226_212823.jpg

20200224_160703.jpg

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ok Y'all,

I have a 2006 King Cab 4wd and from I see a 2 inch spacer will work.

I have purchased the RC 2 inch spacer and new struts, will I see the truck being uneven or have any CBC issues?

I don't anticipate off-road, and drive in city a majority of the time.

Any help? or insight?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Update: My 2006 Nissan Titan King Cab, just got new Detroit axle struts, shocks, control arms, tie rod ends and Rough country 2 inch leveling kit. So first things first I went from 36.5" FTG to 39" FTG which left my truck higher than the rear most likely attributed to the new strut assemblies being a heavier spring. But then I ordered a 1.5" leveling block for the rear and it sits great! The rear FTG is 40.5" and the front is 39" FTG. I also ground back the strut bucket to avoid CBC and so far I have NO CONTACT! I don't offroad much but I have hit a couple pot holes and no contact.

TOP:AFTER
BOTTOM:BEFORE

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I did the same on my 2006. My rear is now a bit higher with the lift blocks, similar rake stance to OEM. Your looks more flat. The 06 oem strut springs were total garbage. It will handle much better now. U might want to get an alignment as well

I used moog 4x4 springs on bilstein struts. I have a 2wd

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yea
I did the same on my 2006. My rear is now a bit higher with the lift blocks, similar rake stance to OEM. Your looks more flat. The 06 oem strut springs were total garbage. It will handle much better now. U might want to get an alignment as well

I used moog 4x4 springs on bilstein struts. I have a 2wd
Yea I got it aligned the toe was way out of whack but it drives like a Cadillac now. It went way easier than I thought. Common tools and a Ryobi 1/2"impact.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey guys. Can someone tell me if i can just add spacer up front to my 2019 pro4x to level it?? I see people say it wont work cuz of clearance or hitting? Can a do 5100 with spacer? Ir should I go the a amr rought? Thx

·
Registered
45 Posts
I would say you would be fine with the pro 4x with a 1.5 inch or maybe a 2 inch.
The concern lies within the pro 4x struts being taller than base trucks.
But if they are beginning to sag, you might be able to clear a 2 inch.
Worst case is that you need to shell out money for control arms to clear the strut bucket.
I was able to put brand new 4x4 struts and a 2 inch spacer on mine and grinded back the bucket lip a quarter of an inch.
No coil bucket contact as of yet, normal driving around town but I feel if I let the tire go full droop on extension it may hit.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I would say you would be fine with the pro 4x with a 1.5 inch or maybe a 2 inch.
The concern lies within the pro 4x struts being taller than base trucks.
But if they are beginning to sag, you might be able to clear a 2 inch.
Worst case is that you need to shell out money for control arms to clear the strut bucket.
I was able to put brand new 4x4 struts and a 2 inch spacer on mine and grinded back the bucket lip a quarter of an inch.
No coil bucket contact as of yet, normal driving around town but I feel if I let the tire go full droop on extension it may hit.
Thank you. So would you recommend a kit like this then right off the bat??

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
For Gen1, pretty sure there is no difference in strut height or ride height for the Pro4X. I have a 2011 Pro4X and have compared it to several other stock 4wd Titans of 2008-up vintage, and ride height is the same.

The first post in this thread is pretty much the static list of how much lift you can add without changing UCAs.

The Rough Country lift isn't a bad option, but their are better UCA options out there (at higher costs, unfortunately). You can piece together a lift setup with UCAs, spacers, and shocks, which will be better than the RC kit, but they will be more expensive.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thank you. So would you recommend a kit like this then right off the bat??

I think this would be a great option for you. I have the rough country 2 inch leveling spacers and love them.
Great quality product despite what people have to say, if you want to spend some extra coin the PRG products are great too.

These are what I have using the stock control arms, but I think you will have CBC with your year truck unless you get new control arms. So the kit you chose covers all of that.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Cool thank you guys. One guy was mentioning run the 5100 adjustable struts up front to get the same hight as a 2" spacer. Would that be a smart route to go?

1061 - 1080 of 1094 Posts