Nissan Titan Forum banner

1081 - 1095 of 1095 Posts

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Going with the Bilsteins is smart, but set at the 2" lift setting, ride will be stiff/harsh. You're better off combining a shorter spacer and the Bilsteins for total lift and ride comfort.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
That depends on whether or not your existing struts are good or not, and whether you can go to a 2" lift in the front of a 2019 without needing new UCAs. I'm not familiar enough with the 2019 suspension to tell you whether you can or not. I know for the Gen1, the 2008.5-2015 cannot go more than 1.5" without needing new UCAs with coil bucket clearance.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey guys. So I have been doing research and found out max you should go on front level spacer is 1.2 to 1.5 inch thick. Witch gives you 2" and 2.5". My question is most spacers say dont use on pro4x witch I have a 2019. So if I use the spacer I will need to grind a bit on the uca and bucket?? RC spacer and Supreme suspension are all the same style. I talk to a rep at RC and he told me you can damage your suspension if I run the spacer cuz my truck already has a lift??

Any input? Thx

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have read through this post and it seams like things have changed depending on which spacer to use with combination of Bilsteins 5100. if the bilsteins don’t add any height in regards to the UCA. Anymore. Then with a 2007 2wd I should be able to get a 2.5 spacer and be able to set the Bilstein in the middle for expected rise of 3.5in. Also wondering if I need both upper and lower bump stops. Also getting new sway bar links.

·
Registered
19 Posts
so, i'm still a bit confused after reading a fair amount of info. I'm only looking to improve my rake a little for leveling. any improvement is better than none, since i have an '04. i'd like to add a prebuilt strut assembly with the '08 springs but can't swing $500 a pair for the 5100's. that sent me looking for something like this: 2008 NISSAN TITAN Gabriel Ultra ReadyMount Struts G57092
every strut assembly i come across mentions it's for model years 04-15 4x4 without off road package, though the one above lists the pro4x as an application. that has me questioning which spring height is actually in the assembly? all the customer service reps aren't very knowledgeable about the products being sold. so, are all 04-07's getting an extra inch out of these or are the 08-15's losing an inch?
Well, last month I was finally able to install some kyb assembled struts. It went on quicker than expected and raised the front by an average of 2.5" after settling out. It's a stiff and abrupt ride up front but better than having that horrible clunk every time I hit a bump. It looks good too.

FWIW, my vehicle is a 2004 and I entered vehicle information for a 2008 four-wheel drive in the parts selector. Double checking the part number revealed if I would enter the 2004 I would have got the same thing. And so it looks like at least this company doesn't offer OEM for the earlier models that had increased rake. I'd imagine two wheel drive struts would keep it looking factory If that's what you're into.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Interesting. I used moog 2008 and up 4x4 springs and they were difficult to get installed myself. Had to use 2 sets of spring compressors. My truck is an 2006 2wd. I never even considered a pre built, might have been much easier. They generally get a bed reputation for quality. Bilstein makes a much cheaper, non adjustable strut for the titan. No need to over pay for 5100’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Also, i wasnt looking for leveling, i had spacers that were good enough. My OEM springs were just complete garage. My truck had low mileage, but it did a nose dive when turning or braking. They just wore out prematurely. I recall the 08 and up having a different part number for sure, which is why thats what was recommended

·
Registered
19 Posts
Interesting. I used moog 2008 and up 4x4 springs and they were difficult to get installed myself. Had to use 2 sets of spring compressors. My truck is an 2006 2wd. I never even considered a pre built, might have been much easier. They generally get a bed reputation for quality. Bilstein makes a much cheaper, non adjustable strut for the titan. No need to over pay for 5100’s

In hindsight I would have gone with a non-adjustable Bilstein and just had a shot put them together. To get the pre-assembled struts on all I did was remove the tire unbolt the strut at the top of the bottom and use a pry bar on the upper control arm to gain a little clearance. With two people I probably would have been done in 20 minutes a side. As it was I bet it took me an hour and a half solo.

My guess is KYB wasn't saying much demand for the old OEM style 4x4 for my year. They probably dropped the whole specs and just went with one for all the first gen titans.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
In hindsight I would have gone with a non-adjustable Bilstein and just had a shot put them together. To get the pre-assembled struts on all I did was remove the tire unbolt the strut at the top of the bottom and use a pry bar on the upper control arm to gain a little clearance. With two people I probably would have been done in 20 minutes a side. As it was I bet it took me an hour and a half solo.

My guess is KYB wasn't saying much demand for the old OEM style 4x4 for my year. They probably dropped the whole specs and just went with one for all the first gen titans.
you can borrow a spring compressor from auto parts store. I own one and i also borrowed one since i needed two. I wouldn't do it without an air compressor and air tools though, not sure if you have those. I can see them going with one part for all I suppose, its just my ride height change was so drastic those not looking for that would be in for one heck of a surprise

1081 - 1095 of 1095 Posts