Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found this forum yesterday while researching maintenance items for my old Titan. I have an A60 that I have owned for 10 years. I've been turning wrenches since I was about 12. I'm pushing 74. Got a fleet of vehicles at home. 2 cars, 3 motorcycles, and the Titan. Pretty much try to keep them up and running myself, but my age is beginning to work against me. …J.D.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just found this forum yesterday while researching maintenance items for my old Titan. I have an A60 that I have owned for 10 years. I've been turning wrenches since I was about 12. I'm pushing 74. Got a fleet of vehicles at home. 2 cars, 3 motorcycles, and the Titan. Pretty much try to keep them up and running myself, but my age is beginning to work against me. …J.D.
Welcome from Georgia!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Welcome from DFW Texas 1

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Welcome to the site!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the response. I am in the California desert. Will be doing some much needed maintenance on my Titan this winter. It gets a lot of use in the warmer months. I plan to service it's transmission, differential, and replace it's front brake pads. Also plan to change it's plugs as it is over 90k miles. Not all of California is warm and sunny all winter. I am blessed with a heated garage this winter for the first time in my life. I think I am going to enjoy the winter for a change. ...J.D.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You have to do the best you can to stave off the inevitable. I run in to.some.things I just cannot do anymore. This year I am moving all my mechanic's tools over into a heated garage. It helps a lot. Thanksgiving day was rain/snow all day, but it was nice inside. ...J.D.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I know what you're saying JD, and you have me by 10 years. It's much harder crawling under vehicle and getting off the ground than it used to be. And, garage has become only second to central HVAC for house!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You might want to try one of these. I bought this online from Northern Tool. This one is rated at 50,000btu and runs on 120volt. w/natural gas. Pretty affordable ...J.D.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
FINALLY ! I finally got my mechanic's tools seperated and moved over to the other shop last week. Tomorrow I plan to do the front brakes on the Titan. Had 2 snows before we even got to New Years. That is unusual here. Maybe next year I can get some insulation and drywall installed. ...J.D.
Garage-01-2020.jpg

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts