Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would start a thread regarding others who also have lift kits that do not sit level.
My truck is more than 3+inches sloped nose up.

HERE ARE MY TRUCK SPECS: (added onto new truck)

Stock new 2010 Titan LE 4x4 crewcab.
4Boys Mfg Aluminum Boat loader roof rack and Leer canopy (mentioned for their weight)
Nitto Terra Grapplers - 325x60Rx20's on stock LE 20" rims
Pro-Comp 6" lift kit
PRG Traction bars
PRG end links

Things to be added when they arrive to try to correct reverse rake:

Changing out stock rear springs for C-10 springs from PRG
Changing Pro-Comp kit rear shocks for longer Bilsteins rear shocks
Changing Pro-Comp kit rear blocks in an attempt to get my truck to sit level.
I also have Firestone Ride-Rite Airbags from my older 06' Titan to install on the new 2010 to help keep level with towing and box loads.

I use my truck for construction to haul and tow to max rating in both areas periodically, and sometimes camper trailer. It's a work and family vehicle that sees a variety of uses, but not really any off-roading.

If you click on syncro on the left side of the post and go to "view public profile" you can see all the pics of the truck there on the right side under album. I will add some on the tread directly as soon as I figure out why I can 't load them.

Please let me know if you had/have the same problem(s) and if you know another solution or what you suggest to correct etc. Post pics as well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One quick note to follow up to previous thread:

Sincere apology to Rhino404 and sleepertrk for my misdirected comments to them with respect to them both trying to help and my stupidity in thinking they were directing their comments at myself instead of another.

So, deepest apologies for my undeserved comments. I mistaking got caught up in defending myself repeatedly that I misunderstood what was being said. (off work and home this week with cold & flu and subsequent meds that maybe helped out a tiny bit in my mental behavior and blurred logic).

Anyway, I can admit when I'm wrong (this is a first though...kidding) and hope to be have this thread as a relevant one. Anyway guys all the best.

·
Super Moderator
161,041 Posts
One quick note to follow up to previous thread:

Sincere apology to Rhino404 and sleepertrk for my misdirected comments to them with respect to them both trying to help and my stupidity in thinking they were directing their comments at myself instead of another.

So, deepest apologies for my undeserved comments. I mistaking got caught up in defending myself repeatedly that I misunderstood what was being said. (off work and home this week with cold & flu and subsequent meds that maybe helped out a tiny bit in my mental behavior and blurred logic).

Anyway, I can admit when I'm wrong (this is a first though...kidding) and hope to be have this thread as a relevant one. Anyway guys all the best.
I never read the thread or posts you're referring to, but I will give you kudos for this post! Never easy to swallow your foot after you've stuck it in your mouth. :lol:

Reactions: syncro

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
Syncro, get what you have installed, then let's see where she stands... You're gonna want to get the height close to where you want it before adding anything else onto those Deavers... If it lands close to where you're happy with it, then look into the Hellwig Helper Springs for load support if you feel it needs better support under heavy loads....

Also, don't forget that any hitches you have are going to need longer Drop Shanks. Equalizer has very nice drop shanks for WD Hitches that is rated for towing anything you could ever possibly want to tow with any truck. Reese has some good priced drop shanks for anything under 5,000-lbs, and Valley Hitch has some good ones for anything up to 10,000-lbs that doesn't require WD or anti-sway...

You can find most of them at RVWholsalers.com, ETrailer.com, and NAPAonline.com...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Pops will do.
As far a hitch goes I like the adjustable aluminum rapid hitch.
It comes with a reversible balls, of 2" and 2 5/8" and you are able to adjust it in seconds.

Hitch Solutions The Rapid Hitch

Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
Those are nice but they're friggin' expensive and tend to come up missing easily around here.. If you have a locking pin holding it on, that gets cut off too... And, who ever uses 2-5/8" anyway??? My couplers are all 2" and 2-5/16" receivers...

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
... And, who ever uses 2-5/8" anyway???
Duh Pops!!! The people who are stealing them..........Supprised you didn't know that. LOL:tongue:

Reactions: Pops

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oops, meant 2 5/16" (thinking construction too much)

Well that stinks if they are getting stolen. Up here in Canada that doesn't happen that I have heard of with myself or friends but I'll knock on wood anyway.

I really like the rapid hitch, since I have varying loads and trailer/tongue weights its the best for quick adjustments instead of carrying a whole bunch of different drop shanks and balls etc.

If they like to steal it, maybe you could leave it in the rear quarter body tool box when not using? (if it fits, think it should)? Or wire it to the battery...lol?

I'll check out the helper springs you mentioned.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts