Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everybody, I need some help I have a 2005 titan with everything i want to put a 6in lift from pro-comp but i went to pro-comp's web site and printed off the manual for the lift, but it says will not fit vehicles with VDC (vechicle Dynamic Control) or the side air bag package. mine doesn't have the VDC but does have side airbags. has anyone ran into this befor? is it ok to go ahead and put the lift on? what do I do? thanks.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Mine has both too and i got the lift anyways. I remember man people saying they have done it without any problems.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
This is because the side airbags have a rollover sensor that activates them when the truck reaches an angle that the computer senses it cannot recover from and get back on its wheels. As most people who lift their trucks use them to go trail riding or offroad, there's a good chance they'll trip the "yaw" sensors while traversing a rocky trail and the bags will go off. Just a "protection from stupidity" clause in the Nissan legal bag of tricks......

·
Registered
305 Posts
yamatitan said:
Mine has both too and i got the lift anyways. I remember man people saying they have done it without any problems.
Did you have it installed at a shop? If so, did they know it had side bags/vdc? The truck I'm looking to get has that option package and now I'm concerned I might have difficulty getting a shop to lift it.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
nope i did the install myself in my driveway.

·
Registered
304 Posts
my shop didn't say anything about it... it's just plausible deniability on them taking the liability for anyhting going wrong. I haven't heard of any problems and think you'd be okay with the lift on any titan.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts