Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2006 Titan LE offroad pkg 4x4 has just hit 129,000. I have been eyeing the 3inch lift/level kit from "Supreme Suspensions" off of Amazon, as well as the "Rough Country Sway Bar Links for 2-3 inch lifts". Total is $200

As far as I know, my suspension is original (bought it used with around 110,000)

I was wondering if it was worth going after the lift, or should I be more concerned with getting new suspension? Is there suspenion I can get that will lift/level the front?

However, I honestly do not feel like my suspenion is an issue currently. Still rides better than any Ford or Chevy I've ever been in! Love it! :) FWIW - I do know that I need inner tie rods for inspection next month and will need an alignment.

Anyway, please share your thoughts/idea's/opinions ;)

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
If I were you I'd spend the money on bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks. They will level your T, plus give you new struts since you're already at such a high mileage. You only need them on the front to get level but put them on all 4 corners for a better ride.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Bils are a good start because they're so cost effective. Just make sure they get put on correctly. Things tend to get even better the more you spend depending on what you want to do.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Remember, as a general rule of thumb anything over 2" of lift on your truck will require you getting aftermarket upper control arms because of coil bucket contact.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Remember, as a general rule of thumb anything over 2" of lift on your truck will require you getting aftermarket upper control arms because of coil bucket contact.
Not entirely true. For 2wd you can go up to a 3" spacer without having to get UCAs but on a 4wd 08+ you can only do 1.5" spacer without having to get UCAs . So I wouldn't use that as a "rule of thumb" as it depends on your year and whether or not you're 2wd or 4wd.

·
Registered
358 Posts
And I wouldn't even use the 1.5" as a rule of thumb. Lol.

I have a 2015 4wd and got CBC with a 1.5" spacer.

Ended up having to get new UCA's sadly.

·
Registered
422 Posts
And I wouldn't even use the 1.5" as a rule of thumb. Lol.

I have a 2015 4wd and got CBC with a 1.5" spacer.

Ended up having to get new UCA's sadly.

Same thing with me

·
Registered
422 Posts
For his year and model anything over 2" will give CBC (from what I've read)
Ya theres lots of variability out there though. It's really weird, but I had a 1.5" lift spacer on stock shocks (came with the truck) and I CBC. IMO it's a crapshoot if you go over 1" lift with a spacer.

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Not entirely true. For 2wd you can go up to a 3" spacer without having to get UCAs but on a 4wd 08+ you can only do 1.5" spacer without having to get UCAs . So I wouldn't use that as a "rule of thumb" as it depends on your year and whether or not you're 2wd or 4wd.
absolutely wrong info, max on a pre 08 2wd is 2.5". Here are the "rule of thumb" max measurements before needing UCA's.

'04-'07 2wd: 2.5"
'04-'07 4wd: 2"
'08+ 2wd: 2"
'08+ 4wd: 1.5"

but as stated "rule of thumb" isn't always correct

Reactions: napz04SE

·
Registered
99 Posts
absolutely wrong info, max on a pre 08 2wd is 2.5". Here are the "rule of thumb" max measurements before needing UCA's.

'04-'07 2wd: 2.5"
'04-'07 4wd: 2"
'08+ 2wd: 2"
'08+ 4wd: 1.5"

but as stated "rule of thumb" isn't always correct
Likes I said, anything over 2" on Op's truck will likely cause cbc

1 - 11 of 11 Posts