Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What exactly does this front lift/self-leveling kit do? I know what a lift kit is. It basically lifts the truck up a few inches to give it more ground clearance. But what about this front lift/self-leveling thing I keep hearing about. What exactly does it level and why does it focus on the front so much? I mean I assume if you are to raise your truck you just raise it up 4 inches all-around (as an example) and that's that. What would be the reason for a self-leveling kit or whatever. I'm just not familiar with what it's used for.

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
if you look at all titans and yours included, you'll notice that there is a slight forward rake, actually not so slight, its pretty evident. anyhow the DAYSTAR lift kit which only lifts the titan 2.5" is what is used to eliminate the forward rake. you will notice that at stock trim the wheelgap from tire to fender in the front is much less than the gap in the rear where the gap is much more pronounced. the daystar lift is designed as coilover spacers where a special blend of polyurethane is made and fitted between the top and bottom of the coilsprings, i believe. anyheww, the main reason is to eliminate the titan's aerodynamic hotrod look and make it look more like a truck with wheelgaps that are about equal all around. i'm waiting for my daystar coilover spacers to come in but due to 1badtitan's experience with them i am waiting for complete follow up on his issue before having them installed.

·
Banned
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there any kind of advantage to leveling the front and back? It would seem to me that having the front slightly lower would improve handling a bit by negating some of the acceleration squat. Is there any advantage to the kit other than simply aesthetic?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Guys lets try to use the suspension form, I think this is where these topics are suposed to be.

:teethmast

·
Registered
278 Posts
you may know the other forums but you dont use them so things get cluttered with cross posting and same subject post all over the board.

I am just trying too keep things organized until moderators are picked.

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
thanks 1bad, looking forward to the dealers report... peace - i'm hoping for the best. can you also mention to the service advisor that other nissan dealers are selling them with the lift already installed as well, thanks and :cheers: cheers to the mighty titan

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Prometheus said:
thanks 1bad, looking forward to the dealers report... peace - i'm hoping for the best. can you also mention to the service advisor that other nissan dealers are selling them with the lift already installed as well, thanks and :cheers: cheers to the mighty titan
I did mention that. he seemed cool about it like he's gonna try to help me.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Cienfuegos said:
you may know the other forums but you dont use them so things get cluttered with cross posting and same subject post all over the board.

I am just trying too keep things organized until moderators are picked.
Cien,

You better watch yourself for making any posting recommendations or you will get ripped to shreds by a few of the members here. I found this out when I started a thread for new members KINDLY recommending that they post there and got accused of trying to be a moderator. I was looking out my back window waiting for the posse to show up. Me :boxing: posse

I definitely see your point though and fully agree. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
one (just one) of the reasons that its higher in the back is when u put a trailer load on it levels it vs. draggin the rear. not the only reason just one of the many reasons to have the rear higher.

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
all offroad mechanics call the look - stink bugged. anyheww, i can't stand the sloped aerodynamic look so barring any serious problems the daystar has been for 1badtitan i am going to install them in my titan. plus i am not towing anything as of late, still need to save up for my toys, so there should be no probs for me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts